Food Journal - Post Op

Blueiiis
on 7/11/15 4:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Hello everyone, it's been awhile! I am nearing 1 yr post op and regret to say I have stopped logging food intake on MFP - I had a glitch in the app, and just lost track of doing it. I do basically eat the same things all the time so I have an idea of my protein intake. Anyway, I was wondering if those who are further out on their journey wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts on food journals.  Do you still measure and record everything?

crqvingchange
on 7/11/15 6:38 pm

Most days I do log on MFP.  When I am eating at home I do weigh food, but it is too difficult when I am dining out so then I do eyeball the portion size.  Next week I will be a year out, and MFP allows me to plan my meals, tweak when I see I don't have enough protein, or too much of something else.  And because of this I can try new foods and see how they fit into my meal plan. Hope this helps.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Patm
on 7/12/15 6:50 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

CC said it well. For me it lets me tweek what I will eat. If I find my menu is too many calories or not enough protein I can change it around to help me achieve what I need.

Some people can just know what to eat and not at but for my success I need to list everything

Most Active
Recent Topics