The Process is beginning (I hope)

613Nan
on 7/20/15 12:44 pm - Canada

The letter arrived today.  I am very excited that I have moved on in the process.  I have my appointment with the NP on August 19.  

I posted earlier this month that I was afraid that my age might hold me back but I am at least on to the next interview so I am very happy.  This has been a life long struggle.  I have not always been obese but I have been chubby and then yo yo'd and tried every diet there is. They were usually successful for a while but I could not maintain.  I have read this same experience in so many of the stories but now I feel like there is some light at the end of this dark tunnel.

I don't have mirrors in my house and I really hate the shape of my body.  I would say I have the perfect apple figure.  I am getting very excited that maybe they will pass me on to qualify for the surgery.

What should I expect from the appointment from the NP?  Just want to try and prepare mentally.  Thanks so much for any info you can pass along.  I will be having my appointments in Ontario but I'm not sure if that makes a great deal of difference.

613 Nan

RNY Surgery SW 225 Referred June 1/15; Orientation July 9/15; SW/Dietician Aug 26/15; 2nd Dietician Oct 9/15; Internist Oct 26/15; Colonscopy and Endoscopy October 22/15; Pre surgery class Nov 25/15;Surgeon TBD Surgery TBD

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/15 1:23 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Congrats!  What hospital will you be out of?

613Nan
on 7/20/15 1:32 pm - Canada

We were told that Kingston refers to either TEGH or St. Michaels but probably TEGH.

I know its really early and others have gone so much further but my heart skipped a little beat when the appointment arrived.  

613Nan

613 Nan

RNY Surgery SW 225 Referred June 1/15; Orientation July 9/15; SW/Dietician Aug 26/15; 2nd Dietician Oct 9/15; Internist Oct 26/15; Colonscopy and Endoscopy October 22/15; Pre surgery class Nov 25/15;Surgeon TBD Surgery TBD

Most Active
Recent Topics