Hello all...been a while.

kimber291
on 7/20/15 10:32 am, edited 7/20/15 10:34 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Good afternoon group.  Hope all is well with everyone. I come here on a few times a week and read up on posts etc, but it's been quite a while since I posted myself.  

I was 17 months post op on July 11th. For the last few + months it's been a struggle for me to keep my head in the right place. I've gained and lost the same 5 to 7 pounds over the last little while. Today I weighed in at 138.4. Not happy with this at all, I don't want be riding this roller coaster again. 

I find it still very hard to see myself at this weight, I know I'm smaller obviously. But when I look in the mirror, I still see the old me. How do we get passed that? It's been this long...When?  

Sorry if I sound like I'm whining, I just don't like to talk to many and admit this, as it's embarrassing to go through this procedure and let myself gain weight. It's an everyday struggle. 

Hugs to all...xo

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

crqvingchange
on 7/20/15 12:14 pm

You have definitely come to the right place.  Many of us have image issues even though we are smaller, and from what I read, it will be a life long struggle to keep our heads in the game.  Please join us on the What are you eating thread.  It is a way to be accountable, by planning your menus you can keep on top of the numbers and see what foods are helping you reach your goal and what foods are triggering you to fall of the wagon.  It's a fun bunch of people on the thread and you are more than welcome to jump in and join us.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

kimber291
on 7/22/15 8:01 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Good Morning.

Sorry it took a couple days to respond. Thank you so much for your response.  I have to admit I have not been very diligent in my journaling. Maybe that is the best place to start. I need to sit down and pre plan these though. As my work schedule is hectic. 

Thanks again! 

Kim

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

Karen M.
on 7/21/15 12:08 pm - Mississauga, Canada

How did I miss this post?!

I am so glad to see you - was wondering where you'd gotten to.

You're not whining and you did the right thing in coming back to us. The battle continues - losing the weight is the relatively easy part, continuing to stay on track to reach goal (and then actually maintaining a healthy weight) is the real work. It's hard to keep your head in the game sometimes - too tired, too busy, don't feel like it, I already know, stop telling me what to do, and the list goes on... and on... 

I have been logging in and participating (mostly) daily here for over 9 1/2 years. Why? Because it keeps my head in the game. Because reaching out to others who are walking where I walked helps me

Come back soon and let us know how we can help you - we care. Welcome home. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kimber291
on 7/22/15 8:18 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Karen....first off thank you so much. Your post really touched me. Brought tears to my eyes. I need the positive support of you and the others like crqvingchange. I hope I spelt that right. It's not that I don't have positive people...I have people that don't kick my ass if need be....lol.  

It also doesn't help that I'm a closet eater....Also binge eating seems to have crept up and is now an issue. I may as well come clean if I'm reaching out. No sense in beating around the bush. My fear now is that I have stretched my stoma. I am sure people are asking why go through the procedure only to blow it....trust me I WAS one of those people...but until your here...you don't know. I apologize to anyone I ever questioned about this. 

So now that I've come clean....here I am. My promise to myself and to you is that I will log in daily and check in. It could be in the afternoon/evening depending if it's my week to work. But I will be here. I will start to weigh every Wednesday again...With pics to keep myself accountable. This week I will weigh tomorrow morning as I picked up and extra shift and worked lastnight. Have had food...coffee etc. I have been up since yesterday at 11 am.  

Thank you once again...your support means so much to me!

Big hugs...Kim.  xo

Referral - Oct 29/13

crqvingchange
on 7/22/15 2:16 pm

You spelled it right, it's me that spelled it wrong when I originally set up the account on my phone, lol.  Everyone just calls me CC and that's OK by me.  I will sometimes take 20 minutes and sit down in front of the computer with a coffee and plan 3 days in a row with My Fitness Pal.  That way I can play with the numbers and I also see items that I may need to buy, or items that need to get used up.  We look forward to reading your posts, and seeing your pics. 

CC xo big hugs back

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics