What are you eating/doing today? (TGIFriday!)

Karen M.
on 8/7/15 3:40 am - Mississauga, Canada

Happy Friday! 

Looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day out there - too bad I have to spend it inside. ;)  Off to work for the day (bring on the crazy!), errands to run at lunch (last minute gift etc. stuff - why do I leave this 'til the last minute?!) and then taking Andrew out for dinner as it's his birthday (51 - he's constantly trying to convince me that he's old. I suspect this is to get out of chores and heavy lifting. LOL) to The Musket, which was featured a couple of years ago on "You've Gotta Eat Here" and he's been talking about it ever since. German food, should be carb-o-licious. I was actually given a VIP invite to the opening ceremony for Para Pan Am tonight, but had to decline.  Pat, will you be there?

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day - 

B - 1/2 GNC Total Lean (banana)

S - Source Greek (peach), a few green grapes

L - last of the homemade roast chicken salad (someone asked me and I forgot to reply - I added green onion, mayo, celery diced up very small, a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, salt and lots of pepper), melba rounds for scooping

S - probably just finishing up lunch

D - well, I have no idea. Schnitzel anyone? lol

Have a fabulous Friday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 8/7/15 3:45 am

Good morning everyone.  Karen please wish the lovely Andrew a happy birthday and buy him one of those frilly, lacey kilts for the boudoir ROFLMFAO.  

Zizzler sorry that you had a bad day at work yesterday.  One trick that you can use when you think that you are going to start crying is to dig your fingernails into the palm of your hand while making a fist.  For some reason the pain from this can stop the tears from flowing.  Maybe someone else here has some tips on how to stop crying in public.  We have such hormone upheavals that it might be helpful to others to have tips when this happens.

Today it's swimming, Zumba, and listening to live music at Bluesfest.

1 year post op

B. Iced protein coffee

S. another iced coffee

L. Samosa (not the best choice)

S. more iced coffee

D.  Not sure, but probably BBQ from one of the vendors at Bluesfest

Have a great day everyone. 

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 8/7/15 3:54 am - Mississauga, Canada

That would be quite a sight, wouldn't it? I'm more interested in what's under the kilt. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 8/7/15 6:10 pm

Thanks cc, that is a great idea to stop from crying, I am going to try it.  I find once I start it can be hard to stop, even if I do not feel that bad anymore.  It happens less frequently now that I am further out, and I do not cry for as long, so I think it is improving.  Hormones - blahh!  Hope you had a nice day!

TanyaLH
on 8/7/15 4:33 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

2 years post op

steps 7429

Morning ladies,

Karen, enjoy the birthday festivities with Andrew!

CC Have fun at Bluesfest! All the festivals are my favorite part of summer, I am always sad during the last festival of the season....

Today is going to be a long day, lots of hip pain today. Not sure what has aggravated it this time. Anyways off to walk Jasper (Very slowly) then off to work for the later shift.

B protein coffee, Source greek yogurt, 1 boiledegg

\S GNC shake

L turkey chili

D 2 oz chicken breast, 1 c sweet kale salad

Be well everyone

Tanya

crqvingchange
on 8/7/15 9:34 am

I love live music outdoors in summer too.  

Sorry your hip is giving you trouble.   Hope it feels better soon.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Roma
on 8/7/15 5:02 am
RNY on 06/15/15

Happy happy Friday! Karen, have a fun evening tonight with the birthday guy. My guy and I may be going to a movie tonight, or some other thing (he promised me a date) ! Looking forward to that. 

As far as food goes...

8ish weeks post op 

B premier protein shake 

S decaf coffee with soy milk 

L puttanesca sauce, ricotta, eggplant, basil concoction 

D egg scramble with onion 

S Sf pudding if I feel like it!

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Patm
on 8/7/15 7:32 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

No Opening for me tonight. My daughter's band Under the Covers is playing the Taste of the Danforth. DH and I will go early and leave as soon as they play. Usually leaving by the back alleys so I do not have to try to go through the crowds on the Danforth. Working the Para Pan tomorrow at 6:00am so will try to get home at a decent time.

Last night I made an sort of omelet. Not sure if I ate it too fast or what but felt sick after. Eggs often do not agree with me. I thought I would just lay down for a couple of minutes. I slept for 2 hours. I had not slept well the night before and had a long day at work topped off with a bike ride home. So I got up and walked the dog but ended up back in bed reading not long after.

Since this weekend looks like it is going to be really busy I decided not to swim today.Also because we have a busy day at work today

If Andrew thinks he is old wait until he gets to my age.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

l tuna toppers, crackers, peach

s snap pea crisps

d Souvlaki?

Have a good day everyone

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/15 9:07 am - Mississauga, Canada

Have a great weekend everyone! 

1 week out. 

B- 1/3 cup of oatmeal with skimmed milk (1tbsp of protein powder), 1 Greek yogurt (1 tbsp of protein powder)

S- Protein Juice (1 scoop)

L- 1/2 cup of some kind of creamed soup (1tbsp of protein), applesauce (1tbsp of protein). 

S- Protein Juice (1 scoop)

D - 1/2 cup of some kind of creamed soup (1tbsp of protein), applesauce (1tbsp of protein).

Zizzler
on 8/7/15 6:20 pm

One combo I really like in the first weeks was orange juice and protein powder with lots of ice blended in a blender, tastes like an orange Julius sort of.  I got some fancy pc Valencia orange juice to entice me to drink it.  your menu looks really good btw, keep up the good work!

Most Active
Recent Topics