Abdominal Binders...OPTIONS??

Kristina1987
on 8/11/15 4:13 pm - Canada

Hey Folks...

anyone who has had a panniculectomy or tt what kind of binder/compression garmet did you use and where did you get them? I have bought two from shoppers home health centre or whatever but looking for something slightly thinner, breathable, and contouring I suppose. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

White Dove
on 8/11/15 5:56 pm - Warren, OH

Make Me Heal is an awesome site to work with.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Delicious_Delilah
on 8/11/15 7:18 pm - Ottawa, Canada

My surgeon provided me with mine...actually woke up with it already on following surgery.  

KristieA
on 8/11/15 8:22 pm - Orillia, Canada

I bought a tight undershirt style one from Walmart.  Dr.  Nandagopal actually suggested it.   I made sure it was long enough to stay below my lower incisions.   Way more comfortable to sit at work with after the initial binder could be taken off.  Wore it too for the first several weeks back at the gym. 

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

kellybelly333
on 8/12/15 12:25 am - Toronto, Canada

I just wore the bi dear I woke up in for 6 weeks or so, then the swelling was finally low enough for spanx-like products. Good luck!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics