New (almost)

ProjectJudi
on 8/16/15 7:46 am - Burlington, Canada
I am looking at my profile and see that I have been a member since 2007. I guess at that point I wasn 't ready but spent a lot of time on this forum just learning about the process and the difference between the surgeries.
My md sent my referral off on Friday.
Is there a board for newbies? I can't find one and I would like to find out about the different surgeries and stuff that I don't want to bore you with here. (I'm sure my questions have been answered a 1000 x)
Glad to be back and am hopeful that I am approved.
~This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life ~
HKT53
on 8/16/15 8:26 am - Toronto, Canada

I can speak for myself...I am never bored with the various forums. Probably you want the General discussions until you want to know specifically about a particular type of WLS. Know that we are always changing and checking in at different times. Ask and we will shall try our best to answer or just surf the various discussions. Talk to you soon.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

MonaLisaSmile
on 8/16/15 8:28 am - Canada

Welcome, and congrats on taking the leap!!!!   I don't know of a board just for "newbies", but there are plenty of us right here on this forum.   If you cant find the answer for what you are wondering by going back through old posts.......then just ask away !!!  We are all here to help and support each other, and lots of us could talk about this stuff all day.   LOL !!!   It says you are from Burlington......I am in the Burlington Bariatric Support Group-- you may consider coming out to that- meetings are posted on this site.  Pre-ops are more than welcome ( I was when I started to come).

I wish you luck with your journey.

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Catw
on 8/16/15 11:01 am - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome, and congrats on taking your first step. I haven't seen any boards for newbies, but I think you'll find this board has a vast array of experience that can give you the information that you need.  There are people who are pre-op to people 10 years+.

Wishing you well on your journey!

Cathy

B-Trix123
on 8/16/15 11:15 am - Toronto, Canada

This is a link to the Toronto Western Hospital (TWH) program whi*****ludes several hospitals in Toronto. You will be in a different program, but you might find the info here helpful: http://www.uhn.ca/PatientsFamilies/Health_Information/Health_Topics/Pages/bariatric_surgery.aspx Take a look at the "Eating for health..." link.

I am a heavy user of the search function at the top of this website (goes all over North America) -- usually take a look there and if I am not satisfied with what I find - or want more up to date info, I bring it to this Ontario Forum to see what the locals are doing!

Get ready to be a patient patient! Took me 13 mos. from being registered to getting my surgery which was last Wed.  - no surgical pain at all! Just amazed.

peacebypiece
on 8/16/15 11:18 am

Hi there:

i am new here too and people have been fantastic answering my "newbie" questions! Welcome and I look forward to this journey with you and all the amazing people who "hang out" here!

Karen M.
on 8/16/15 3:45 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome (back)!

Newbie questions are always welcome - don't even give it a second thought. For info on different surgeries, I would start reading the individual surgery boards - lots of great (first-hand) info there. Also, check this link: https://asmbs.org/patients/bariatric-surgery-procedures

Actually, the entire ASMBS organization is worth reading - the "bariatric bible".

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

judyeliz
on 8/16/15 4:01 pm
RNY on 04/24/15

I bookmarked that site.  Thank you Karen.  Always something new to be found here. 

judy

Orientation HRRH Aug 18/14, Ist surgeon appt. Dr. Huynh Oct 28/14, Nurse/Dietitian/SW Dec 19/14, Dr. Glazer Mar 9/15, 2nd surgeon visit Dr. Huynh Mar 10/15, Surgery date April 24. 

ProjectJudi
on 8/19/15 11:28 am - Burlington, Canada
Thanks guys
Karen it is so nice that you continue to support us at your stage in the game!
I remember you helping so many people when I was more active
~This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life ~
ProjectJudi
on 10/10/15 9:59 pm - Burlington, Canada
Ok
I have been researching this and I am afraid I may have got my doctor to refer me to the wrong thing...
There is a bariatric program that is more of a diet workshop with some health care professionals involved.
Now I have found the bariatric registry....oh poop....I need to pay more attention
Most Active
Recent Topics