What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Karen M.
on 8/20/15 6:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Leanne! So great to see you. How did it go today?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Leanne1
on 8/20/15 6:38 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Heyy Karen :-D

It went well!  He took me off my meds and everything is "normal"... Yay!!

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Karen M.
on 8/20/15 6:51 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Oh thank god. Just when you think you're "normal", eh? So glad to see you sweetie xo

Karen

Roma
on 8/20/15 7:14 am
RNY on 06/15/15

Morning Karen - I HATE the Premier Vanilla (aftertaste from hell), so definitely a vote for the GNC Vanilla from me. 

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Roma
on 8/20/15 7:19 am
RNY on 06/15/15

Hi Everyone,

Posting a bit late today - a hectic start with work issues cropping up first thing, but it seems to have settled at this point.

2 months post op

B: GNC total lean banana

S: Decaf coffee with soy

L: Leftover arctic char and mushrooms

D: Leftover edamame and a couple of pepperettes

S: Yogurt if I have room/need to get protein numbers up

Lots of leftovers to eat today. I've noticed that since surgery, my fridge is overflowing with things I couldn't finish eating (and couldn't pawn off on my husband). 

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

new_me180
on 8/20/15 8:44 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. Congrats on your business Leanne, wish you much success. Glad you had great belly laughs CC, it's always the best medicine. Not much for me today, just relaxation and knee exercises.

Yesterday i had the worst nausea ever and it seemed to happen after i ate any form of protein. I first noticed it after lunch so i didn't pay much attention. After dinner was the worst so i thought it was the pain meds. It still didn't wear off. Drank tons yesterday as it was so hot and humid but nothing helped. Worst after i drank a protein shake and now all the drink was just on stand by in by throat and every time i burped, a little would come back up. I eventually ate 4 crackers and it seemed to subside. I still felt nauseous but not as bad. So i was wondering could super low carb do that. I think at the end of the day my carbs were like 20 before the crackers. It showed 30 something when i did totals counting the bread in on the stuffed chicken but, i didn't eat the breading as i scrapped it off. Today i feel ok so, just wondering.

21 months post op

B - 1.5oz turkey sausage, 1 baby cucumber

L - homemade breakfast burrito (egg, cheese, 1oz sausage, mushroom) low carb tortilla

S - other half of lunch

D - baked chicken thigh, 1/3 cup zucchini

S - chicken leg, 1/2 cup milk

Totals: 782 cals, 34 carbs, 39 fats, 80 protein

Have a great day all, Nia

Karen M.
on 8/20/15 10:42 am - Mississauga, Canada

No, low carb would not do that. You simply weren't feeling well yesterday, for whatever reason. Maybe the pain meds, they can make my gut feel like crap sometimes too.

As for the crackers helping - I'm sure they did. Crackers (especially soda crackers) have long been known to help settle an upset gut. That's why kids munch on them with some flat gingerale when they're pukey and pregnant women keep them by their beds. ;)

Karen

new_me180
on 8/20/15 10:58 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks Karen. Maybe i was just not feeling well or was hotter than i thought. Narcotics used to make me feel like that and for sure Percocet but never T3. Yes crackers are dangerous especially ritz. They should be banned lol. Good thing my drug of choice are sweets and crackers/chips never do much for me so i can control them.

I haven't taken any pain pills today and had lunch and still the same feeling. Hope this goes soon.

Karen M.
on 8/20/15 6:38 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Well, T3s are narcotics with the codeine and all. They don't do a thing for my pain but they sure do make me feel like ****

Karen

new_me180
on 8/20/15 7:27 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

The percocet's i hate. They make me feel real crappy, nausea and vomiting included. I'm surprised the T3's have been working for me. 

Most Active
Recent Topics