GOUT Attach = OUCH!

Bob H.
on 9/2/15 1:09 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Well folks here I am on my 3rd week surgaversary and I've been battling a gout attach since Saturday - OMG - I feel terrible for anybody who deals with this on a regular basis - I can barely walk...  All the solutions the DR's have come up with haven't helped yet - anybody have any suggestions on how to make the pain subside???

Oh - Otherwise things are going splendid, I never knew how much I'd appreciate solid(er) food ;)

Cheers;

Bob

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

Karen M.
on 9/2/15 2:19 pm - Mississauga, Canada

How awful for you! Are they not giving you medication?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Bob H.
on 9/2/15 4:16 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Not much works - most treatment for this is anti-infamitories.  The good news is it's a bit better tonight!

Bob

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Monica9811
on 9/2/15 2:30 pm - Peterborough, Canada

If you go to a health store get pure cherry juice. Works like a charm. My husband uses it plus he gets these blue and white pills when it gets really bad. Want the name?  Gout sucks!”

Bob H.
on 9/2/15 4:14 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Thank you! Headed there now!

------------

BluIzGal
on 9/2/15 9:09 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I've been on 3 anti-inflammatories a day since June 27 and still cannot move my toe without pain (though the pain is much less than when the flare up started). I'm having to take Prevacid with each dose. I told TWH of this and they didn't bat an eye. If you find relief, let me know!

Patricia

Bob H.
on 9/3/15 4:45 am - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Today the Gout pain is gone - here is what they had me do... I was given a prescription yesterday morning for Colchicine, .6 mg. they are tiny little pills and don't look like they will do much. I took 2 immediately followed by 1 an hour later.

That was at 1:00pm yesterday afternoon. at 7:00pm last night I had to hobble really fast to the bathroom - it was a horrid explosion but the Dr. told me to expect it.  By 11:00pm when I went to bed, I could feel the gout leaving...

This morning I woke up and some of the swelling is still there but getting better, however no gout pain...  There is pain related to the fact my foot is still swollen a bit but nothing like I've been tolerating.

I also went (as suggested in an earlier post) to GNC and bought taut cherry juice that I will take proactively to avoid future attacks..

I never thought myself as a baby to pain but OMG Gout is crazy painful - I hope this helps you out - the random clinic dr is my new hero and the best news, Colchicine is not a NSAID so it's safe to take with out the antacids.

Bob

------------

BluIzGal
on 9/4/15 6:21 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to talk to my doctor about this medication. 

Most Active
Recent Topics