Working out

TaraB3660
on 9/9/15 11:29 am

I know cardio is fine. But when can your start mild weights for toning?

MonaLisaSmile
on 9/9/15 1:03 pm - Canada

Best to ask at your own clinic BUT.....

Every time I asked at my clinic about anything other than walking .....he would just say 6-8 weeks.  I saw lifting more than 10 pounds before this time was also restricted. 

I did wait a full 6 weeks until I ventured into other activities other than walking.  You do have to be careful, and keep in mind the damage is internal which can be very deceiving to your brain .... ..your brain says You feel great !! You heal faster than other people!! Lets get out there !!  Straining can cause hernias quite easily, just be careful.

So much weight comes off those first few weeks.  I was constantly thinking I should be toning and exercising to try to tighten up as I went along, but I'm glad I followed the rules and have had no complications so far  (knock wood !!) 

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

McCall
on 9/10/15 11:38 pm

I can't wait to do a body pump class at the gym. Our NUT said that you have to wait like 3-4 months which sounds crazy. I am going to try spinning this weekend (6 weeks out)

Most Active
Recent Topics