Had My RNY Completely Revised!

Lorraine M.
on 9/16/15 8:17 am - Canada

thank you newme2 and solstice. I just wish they would figure this out. I also got hand sewn because of a small leak during initial surgery. But so far so good 4 years post op. Other than some regain. Life is a B...h sometimes. Just cant have it all.

Wishing you all a safe recovery. I am sure this must have been very difficult for you and your families.

stay strong!

hmtmomof4
on 9/17/15 5:56 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/13

Yes unfortunately I had no risk factors for the ulcers. I'm one of the mysteries!

So apparently I started to develop a blood infection. I spent yesterday sooo Ill with a 104 fever...I barely knew where I was. I cannot thank the doctors/nurses enough for acting quickly and getting antibiotics in fast! 

My fever broke at 3am and I felt human again. The fog was lifted from me. I'm now up walking, talking and drinking and feel sore, but MUCH better. hopefully home tomorrow. My heart is sooo heavy as I miss my four babies so much!

For anyone that has had a revision did you have to go right back to square one with food? Fluids, purees, soft foods et****ep getting conflicting advice here. Some say yes, some say no. Dr. Jackson said to take it easy for a week or two and then progress a bit more aggressively than when I originally had it done. Just wondering what your experienced have been like. 

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Xoxo Lets hope this is it! On to enjoying the rest of my life! 😆

Referral Sent: Jan. 2013, Orientation: Mar. 2013, Social Worker: Jun. 2013 Nurse: Jul. 2013, Nutrition Class: Aug. 2013, Dietician: Aug. 2013, Psych: Aug 2013  Surgeon: Oct. 2013, PATTS: Nov. 2013 SURGERY: Nov. 7th 2013!!!

Solstice
on 9/18/15 10:09 am
RNY on 11/27/14

I had the same questions after my revision. I didn't really get as clear advice as after RNY. I did treat my revision as a brand new RNY. We have the benefit of experience with that. Dietary at the hospital told me to stay on liquid, clear foods for 2 weeks, then I switched to soft for a couple of weeks, thinking it was like being fresh out of RNY. Like your Doc said, I moved a little quicker, but took it easy for a full 6 weeks after. I am out of Guelph, so I relied on the diet guidelines book a lot, and still do.

Glad you are better!

Solstice

Most Active
Recent Topics