Hi group.

kimber291
on 9/13/15 10:03 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Hi everyone.

I have a question for the post ops here.  And please no rude comments etc. 

Have any of you joined WW after surgery. I am more less looking for the support and being accountable. I am just 19 months out and yes still having a hard time since my last post. I belong to this group as well as a couple fb groups but I just don't get on here enough anymore to post. 

I am so close to a goal weight I never seen. I'm fluctuating between 135 and 140. I am so scared I'm going to go over that amount. The lowest weight I've seen is 129. My goal weight was 127. I thought maybe if I joined and reached lifetime member that would help keep me on the right track. I've been to my doctor to ask if he would send me to a dietician to keep me accountable.  He thinks I'm doing fine. Have done fantastic and I look fantastic.  Which is all fine and dandy and I appreciate the kind words. But it's me that is struggling on a daily basis and I am so scared I'm going to fail this tool. Only seeing the team once a year isn't helping...I'd rather see them like every 4 months or something.  

Sorry if I'm ranting...I'd guess it's more of venting because I am scared. More scared then I was to go into this surgery. Please no negative responses. Any help or suggestions of others is appreciated. 

Kim

Xo

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

birdiegirl
on 9/14/15 12:58 am

I think we have to do whatever keeps us on track and accountable.  You are 19 months post op - this can be roughly the time that our bodies become smarter about absorbing calories and we can start to have trouble.  We can have a tendency to experiment with food choices that lead us down a bad path to old habits

So you are 6 - 11 pounds up from your lowest.  You are smart to have warning bells right now. 

If WW helps - join it.  I would try everything I could to ensure I maintained my loss as believe me its gets much more difficult the further out you are. 

What helped me was to start journaling my food again and pre planning.  I journaled religiously the first 18 months and then slid away from this good habit.  I now record my eats on Myfitnesspal daily and of course on the WAYE thread here.  It helps me keep focused - even when I stray I am fully aware of it and know that I need to balance great eating days with off days. 

Figure out what food is your kryptonite and remove it from the house.  Mine is bread - any kind especially toast with butter.  Ughh.  Cant keep it in the house as its like a siren call for me.  Maybe yours is sweets - throw them out and stay away.  We are like alcoholics who cant have one drink .

Good luck and don't give up.  You have the tools to keep a lid on things and to lose your current regain.  Try and eat clean regular food - meat, veggies and a bit of fruit .   I would also recommend avoiding protein bars and trying to mimic foods from the past by using sugar substitutes on a regular basis.  ( IE sugar free pies/bakes etc that you doctor to try and make like your regular favorites - especially if you cant trust yourself to have a small portion)

Keep in touch on OH - my daily time on here is a big help.

kimber291
on 9/14/15 10:01 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Thank you so much for your response.  That is where I am at now.  Wanting to maintain my loss and not go back to where I came from. It scares me. I am so close to goal. Then I go back and forth in my head thinking...ok if I can keep it at 140 and no higher I am okay with that. But I'm not...this is not the weight I want to be. I want more for myself.  And I am afraid that when I get too comfy at 140...it will be 145...and so on. 

I haven't started eating many breads Pasta or rice for fear of the gains...it was a carb Craver pre op. I have eaten wraps though(about 5 times over the last few months). I guess they are a bread..of sorts lol

Thanks again for the response, it is much appreciated.

Kim xo

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

Karen M.
on 9/14/15 2:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

Absolutely everything birdiegirl said above - if you feel it would work for you, definitely join.

To me it sounds like the need isn't for a dietician (you know what to eat and how much to eat), but for actual support to "keep your head in the game".  For me, it's participation here that keeps my head where it should be, but for some it's not sufficient.

If you haven't already considered it, I highly recommend a referral to a psychologist or counsellor or therapist to help you deal with your eating behaviour and the way you think and feel about food and eating. Organized mind = organized behaviour.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kimber291
on 9/14/15 10:04 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Thank you Karen. 

Who would I call to see one of those 3? I don't even know where to begin. I don't have any coverage so it would be out of pocket. We live in a very small town.  Not sure where they even are around here :-/

Thank you for your response as well. Very much appreciated 

Kim xo

Referral - Oct 29/13

Karen M.
on 9/16/15 3:42 am - Mississauga, Canada

Kim, sorry to be so late to reply back.  A referral to a psychologist is most often necessary, either through a family doctor or a psychiatrist (if one has one, that is). I've noticed that some of the centres are running "Mindful Eating" classes/groups and that would also be a start point. I wonder if you googled, "mindful eating Toronto" if anything useful might come up. If you do decide to work with a psychologist, shop around for a "good fit". Generally speaking, people have had great success in learning (and learning to apply) CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) so a psychologist who bases their work on CBT may be preferable. Organized thoughts = organized/mindful behaviour, etc.

Feel free to PM me if you would like more info.

K. XO

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica9811
on 9/14/15 3:49 am - Peterborough, Canada

Can I ask how tall you are?  I think 135 is a good weight personally but I don't know your stats. 

kimber291
on 9/14/15 10:11 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Hi Monica.

I am 4'11. And even at 129 I am still considered overweight. Still a long ways from the obesity class 3 I started at. 

It's not even so much about the BMI chart...it's how I feel. And this is not where I want to be, I'm not done yet. Just wi**** wasn't such a struggle for me. Also doesn't help when I have people telling me I need to stop that I'm too small etc. I wish they would just stop, I'm going to have to start speaking up.  I usually just say I am done, no worries. 

OK rant over, sorry about that.

Kim xo

Referral - Oct 29/13

Monica9811
on 9/15/15 4:56 am - Peterborough, Canada

Yes 4 11 is "shorter" so I see where you are coming from. Staying on top of it is a great idea because this is a life long battle. I weigh myself every day to keep things in check. Good luck. You have done amazing so far. 

MonaLisaSmile
on 9/13/15 11:11 pm, edited 9/13/15 11:12 pm - Canada

At my last WLS support group meeting a lady brought up the exact same idea....going to WW.  I believe she is closer to 10yrs out, but that makes no difference.   She feels that she needed the accountability and the scheduled weigh ins.....we all thought it was a proactive, great idea.

This weight thing is an on going battle.  Using available resources to keep yourself on track-- fantastic idea-- good for you!!!!     

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Most Active
Recent Topics