Hiccups After Eating

Bob H.
on 9/26/15 4:55 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Hello Bench - here is a question for you all!

In the past couple of days, I've developed a new weirdness that I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions over...

When I eat, no matter what it is, I develop hiccups. they last for hours...  I'm taking my time ensuring my meals last 20 minutes, I'm following the plan, I'm 6.4 weeks out...

Please let me know what it is I'm doing wrong - it's crazy annoying :)

Thanks;

Bob-the-hiccuper

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

northernga1
on 9/26/15 5:39 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

well for me when i get 1 single hiccup its my sign im full.  and if i continue to eat i will get full on hiccups or lots of pain.  Not sure if this is helpful but its my sign that i'm done

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

roxytrim
on 9/26/15 5:49 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Yep...for many of us hiccup = full.

KerryF.
on 9/26/15 6:02 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Hiccups or sneezing both happen to me when I'm full

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

HKT53
on 9/26/15 6:05 pm - Toronto, Canada

Usually hiccups are caused by a nerve in the diaphragm. It also is a symptom of gerd or hiatal hernia. i thought gerd was not a possibility post RNY. i do know that I got them pre RNY. Constant hiccups create a suction below the pouch and you could at this early stage experience some bleeding. If you say you are following the plan and not eating too fast or too much, i think you should call your surgeon on Monday and make an appt. This could become very painful. In the meantime...when you get them, bite a lemon. If you have muscle relaxant, take a half pill and see if that works. The old remedy is drinking from the far side of a glass. No joke, it sometimes helped me.

i do hope you find relief soon. I had to deal with constant hiccups and bleeding for the last two years. It got very painful. Dont have anything carbonated. Dont drink really cold water. Sip all day long.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Bob H.
on 9/26/15 8:17 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Thank you to everybody *****plied - I'm pretty sure it's not becasue I'm full as tonight (as an example), I had 3oz of chicken and some cucumbers / tomato's for supper. it started right after the first bite of chicken.

I'll pay close attention to what starts it etc. and review it with the WMC on my follow up appointment Wednesday.

thanks again!!

Bob

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Patm
on 9/27/15 6:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It can also be from eating food that is too dry

Bob H.
on 9/27/15 4:34 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Hello Team;

Thank you again for all the great suggestions - I think I figured things out today - one symptom I forgot, was that I've been constipated since Wednesday... After finally  being able to get that moving today, I"m back to being able to eat with out the hiccups.

so many things to work out - but like they say, on step at a time, and I still wouldn't change a thing!

bob

------------

Most Active
Recent Topics