Anyone have Prescreening done at the New Humber River Site Yet?

BUFFY M.
on 10/26/15 3:28 pm - Bobcaygeon, Canada
RNY on 11/23/15

I have my prescreening for surgery on November 10th at the new Humber River Hospital site. Anyone else been there yet? What should I expect? I was just given a phone call with time. I don't even know if I should bring anything. They haven't returned my calls yet.

Referral: July 2014 Orientation: October 2014 Meeting with Surgeon: March 23, 2015 RN/SW/Dietician: June 1, 2015 2ND Phone Interview with Dietician: July 7, 2015 Dr. Glazier (Internist): August 24, 2015 Surgery: November 23, 2015 Starting Weight: 305 lbs - Goal Weight: 130 lbs - Current Weight: 145 lbs

nstewart94
on 10/26/15 8:42 pm - Canada

Do you mean the meet your surgeon appointment? Mine is on November 17th and they said just to bring my health card.

referral Feb.4/15,orientation hrrh Apr.24/15, sleep test May7/15 ,2nd sleep test Oct.30/15, Dr.Klein Dec.10/2015,trio appointments Feb.17/16.Apr.4/16 Dr.Glazer Dr.Klein May10/16              Surgery May 25/16

gracemontag
on 10/29/15 2:17 pm - Canada

I noticed you had 2 sleeps studies done. Can you tell me why that was necessary?

Thanks!

nstewart94
on 10/29/15 3:07 pm - Canada

Hi?

The first one showed I had mild to moderate sleep apnea. The second one is to see how my machine has managed my apnea. In my case it's proving that with the surgery my apnea will most likely go away.

referral Feb.4/15,orientation hrrh Apr.24/15, sleep test May7/15 ,2nd sleep test Oct.30/15, Dr.Klein Dec.10/2015,trio appointments Feb.17/16.Apr.4/16 Dr.Glazer Dr.Klein May10/16              Surgery May 25/16

gracemontag
on 10/29/15 3:21 pm - Canada

Thanks....I've had sleep apnea for years....I would imagine they'll require a more recent study??

Tara Sauders
on 10/27/15 5:32 am - Canada

I had my PATT done there on Friday. The new hospital is very clean and bright but there are still a few spots under construction and you could tell that the staff were still getting used to the new processes there. There was a little confusion and some patients that were very unhappy and vocal about the time they were waiting. Parking is expensive if you are driving - $23 a day maximum which I reached in the few hours I was there. If you park in the West parking lot you will be closer to everything that in the other lots. I just went through the tunnel from the parking lot to the cafeteria and went up the first set of elevators. When I came out of the elevator the Bariatric Clinic was right there in front of me. Very easy to find!

The week before my in person appointment I had a phone interview with the Registration clerk and the nurse. That took about an hour to get all of my medical history, insurance questions, etc... Then , last Friday I went in person to the Surgical Prescreening clinic which is in the main hallway between Portals of Care B & C. It is only a few steps from the Bariatric Clinic. When you go in, you give the person at the desk your name and they check to make sure you have an appointment. Then have a seat until they call you to register (be patient, I waited over an hour). Once they called my name the process went a little quicker. She asked me a bunch of questions again about allergies, insurance info, surgeon info, etc... I had to give her the results of my sleep study. Then she gave me an identification bracelet and a checklist with all the things I needed to have done listed on it. From there I went next door to the Inpatient Clinical Lab to have blood taken. That only took about 10 minutes. From there I went back to the surgical prescreening clinic and waited in the waiting room again to be called by the Nurse. I waited about 10 minutes before the nurse came and took me into an exam room in the back. She weighed me and took all of my vitals then we went over my medical history again - all the information on the pre-aesthetic questionnaire that I filled out at my surgeon's office. She carefully went over all of the meds and vitamins I am taking (be sure to bring the original containers with you). She also gave me an ECG. The nurse took about an hour to go over everything and then she went to let the Anesthesiologist know that I was ready to see him. I waited in the exam room almost 45 minutes before he came in but he was in and out in about 5 minutes. He asked me about my sleep study, allergies, listened to my chest, looked at my ECG results and then told me not to eat or drink anything after midnight the day before surgery. That was it! I handed my checklist back to the girl at the registration desk and I was out of there after about 3 hours.

It wasn't anything to be worried or nervous about. Just be sure to bring your meds and vitamins in their original containers, any test results you have(like sleep study) and lots of patience.

HW=268.6; Opti day 1=268.6; SW=254.6; Referral Aug 2014; Orientation at HRRH Feb 13, 2015; Meet Dr.Klein July 23; Dr.Glazer Aug 6; SW & RD Sept 3rd; RN Oct 23rd; 2nd Dr.Klein Sept 16; PATT call Oct 8th; Start Opti Oct 21; PATT appt Oct 23rd; RNY 12:00pm Nov 4, 2015

SoBell71
on 10/29/15 3:58 am - Canada

mine was yesterday and the above is exactly how my day went! All except the ECG i didn`t have one, but pretty much everything else is the same, even where I parked!

SoBell71
on 10/29/15 3:59 am - Canada

mine was yesterday and the above is exactly how my day went! All except the ECG i didn`t have one, but pretty much everything else is the same, even where I parked!

Most Active
Recent Topics