Flavoured Coffee?

Dreamy74
on 11/3/15 8:32 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hello all! Does anyone drink flavoured coffee? I have a serious coffee addiction since the surgery and have been having a latte everyday. It is not good and I am trying to cut back to just regular coffee (1 cup a day). I am wondering if anyone drinks flavoured coffee? I have tried to find nutritional information (for sugar stats) on Timothy's and Second Cup's websites but no luck. Sometimes I get a shot of a sugar free syrup at Starbucks but I want to start avoiding Starbucks as they've increased their already outrageous prices yet again.

I know the rule of thumb is no more than 10 g of sugar per serving so if anyone does drink flavoured coffee and they know the stats, please share.

Thanks,

Dreamy

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

KerryF.
on 11/3/15 9:05 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I use the K-Cup flavored coffees and add splenda or sugar free davinci syrup or sometimes I buy the flavored no sugar added real creamer made by Natrel Cafe from Loblaws... and of course I am a starbucks addict.... sugar free caramel non-fat skinny latte for me!! once a week hubby gets an icecream I get my starbucks

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

slrm2m2
on 11/3/15 12:03 pm - Canada

I drink flavoured coffee at Second Cup and a few other coffee shops as well as drinking it at home. I buy a bag of flavoured coffee from either the Bulk Barn or often from a Winners store. The flavoured coffees do not have any additional calories as the they are artifical flavourings - no sugars, no nutritional value and no calories. I have asked at a Second Cup and the staff there stated that their flavoured coffees have no additional calories except for whatever sweet or milk you choose to add.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

iluvlemon
on 11/3/15 6:47 pm
RNY on 01/18/16

I am presuming we are all talking "decaf" coffee, correct??

@GUELPH GH*Orientation:Feb 26/15*RN:Mar 2/15*NUT&SW:Apr 13/15*NUT RN SW Jun 25/15*NUT Jul 30/15*Surgeon list Sept 30/15*Post Op Nut Class Nov 16/15*Appt wi surgeon Dr Natasha P-Hong Nov 20/15*PATTS Jan 5/16 745am*Start Opti Jan 4/16*Surgery January 18/16 Dr Jules 1030am*

Dreamy74
on 11/4/15 6:30 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi iluvlemon, I wasn't talking about decaf. My Centre (TWH) said caffeinated coffee was okay 3 months after surgery, in moderation. I did decaf coffee crystals while on Opti and had decaf for the first few months after surgery but am now drinking regular coffee.

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/15 6:54 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I have bought flavoured beans and they have no calories just like the regular coffee beans have no calories. They use extracts to flavour them much like the ones in the baking aisle, so no calories. Keurig has a lot of flavoured coffee pods if you have one of those, just make sure it's flavoured coffee and not some cappucino type one as they have calories. There was a pumpkin spice one from Timothy's that was okay, could have been a bit stronger for my taste but was a welcome change. I remember going into the Timothy's store and buying flavoured beans years ago and peaches and cream was one of the best. I was recently in Ottawa and went to Starbucks since we don't have one and was shocked a venti latte was almost $6 now. Just glad we don't have one as I'd have to avoid going as well. I still prefer dark roast coffee over lattes but it's a nice change now and then to have one.

Kate M.
on 11/5/15 12:21 pm - toronto, Canada

A latte with just one shot of espresso is a lot better choice than drip coffee. You get more protein and less caffeine and acid which are the irritants most surgeons are worried about.

May 1, 2015 - RNY TWH | HW 322 | SW 301 | Feb 27, 2016: 175lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics