Need Help - haven't lost in months

Laura in Texas
on 12/14/15 6:13 pm

You need to cut back on your calories and carbs if you really want to reach your goal. You have to make that decision. No once can do it for you. Good luck.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Pamela.S.
on 12/15/15 8:59 am - Canada

Just wanted to say thanks again for the good pointers.  I've tracked all my food for yesterday and today on "my fitness pal" and went to the gym last night for the first time in a long time.  I always have my packed gym bag in the car  - well I didn't realize that I had no shirt in there!  I wasn't going to use that as an excuse to not exercise, so I just put on my sports bra with the tank top I was wearing under my blouse and out I went!  Wasn't too crazy about how I looked, but I was proud of myself!  Bag is restocked with a t-shirt for tomorrow's workout.  At work they are brining in samosas and biryani for lunch.  I just had some laughing cow cheese with a few crackers so I won't be tempted and I'm drinking lots of water.  Working on getting my "head hunger" under control.

Referral Sept/13, changed centres to HRRH - Orientation Mar 24/14.  Feb 5, 2015 - SURGERY!!!! HW 286.4 SW 264

Ginnny
on 12/15/15 9:21 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good for you Pam!  Every little bit helps!

Laura in Texas
on 12/15/15 9:26 am

Awesome!! You can do it!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Monica9811
on 12/15/15 11:39 am - Peterborough, Canada

That's great Pamela!  Baby steps.  Every little change that you make will make a difference!  You've got this!!  All the best.

Zizzler
on 12/19/15 5:40 am

Your post made me laugh because the same thing happened to me the other day.  I went to the gym and forgot to bring a change of shirts.  I knew if I drove home I would be too tired to come back, so I worked out in my long sleeve knit shirt.  Ya, I probably looked funny but, like you, I felt really good afterwards and proud of myself.  Keep up the good work and you will see the scale move again, you have the right attitude.  Probably the hardest thing for me is to forgive myself and get back on track, it is so easy to beat yourself up over mistakes.  We are all human and we will make mistakes, its learning from them and getting back on track asap that will determine our long-term success.  Best of luck to you and please post again to let us know how things are going.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

northernga1
on 12/15/15 2:02 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

awesome way to go on working on getting back on  track... thank you for being so honest its posts like this that makes us all realise how easy it is to slip back into old habits.  Good luck and make small goals and work on them. its not going to happen over night but you have gotten some great advice so far and i know you can do it 

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics