Well I'm 6 days post-op

Kittygirl001
on 12/21/15 4:04 am - Canada

It happened, after 2 years it's over with!  I ended up with the RNY, and because I followed my 6 week Optifast diet my surgery went AMAZINGLY well according to my surgeon.  It only took him 1 hour from walking into operating room to me being wheeled to recovery!  He said I got a GOLD star for being his best patient, everything was shrunk and where it should have been, and my insides were great!! Haha, funny how those compliments can make you giddily happy!! Just goes to show that following the prescribed pre-op diet isn't just a suggestion!  I was discharged 21.5 hrs later and I'm not going to lie day 2 was HELL, and I had regret..but that was gone by day 3.  I have been back home for 2 full days (hotel and travel days after surgery), I get about 50ish grams of protein and all my fluids..working on upping protein, oh and I'm walking a TON.  Just thought I would give an update since you all have been so helpful to me.  Thank you all for your advice and support.  Merry Christmas all.

Andrea,

Surgery Date: Dec. 16th, 2015

RNY 

Dr. Lindsay, St. Josephs Healthcare

HW:374, OPTI SW:365 (11/4/15), SW:332, CW: 198

birdiegirl
on 12/21/15 4:10 am

Congrats Andrea

Now keep that wonderful feeling of a new world and new possibilities and put the petal to the metal and follow the program religiously.  Get all your weight off as soon as possible.  Don't screw around.

Remember how you feel right now and keep it in your head for the times you might struggle and think a bite or two of something wont hurt you.  Take great advantage of your first 6 months especially. 

All the best

MyLifeRNYWay
on 12/21/15 4:04 pm
RNY on 12/04/15

So happy to hear everything went well. Congrats on your surgery! Good luck with your recovery :)

Referral: Aug 27/14, Orientation TWH: Jan 28/15, Social Worker: Apr 17/15, Nurse Practitioner: Jul 9/15, Nutrition Class: Jul 14/15, Psychologist: Aug 18/15, Nutritionist: Aug 28/15, Surgeon: Oct 2/15, RNY Surgery: Dec 4/15

Most Active
Recent Topics