Happy New Year!!

Laurie C.
on 1/1/16 12:34 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Hi everyone, I'm back and needing support.  Last December my husband got really sick, in ICU and I was asked all those very difficult question.  Do you want ventilator, will we do CPR and on and on.  He went on to recover which is great but I stopped walking and started eating stupid slider foods, jelly beans, licorice, and other crap so now I've got about 30 pounds of weight gain and I hate it.

I take full responsibility and intend to start the 5 day pouch test on Monday because I'm working all weekend and can't risk a sugar drop.  This is my fault, I let my guard down and stopped paying attention but I'm ready to go back at it.

Thanks for reading, it's nice to be back, will start logging foods again tomorrow just to see what a PIG I've become....

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

birdiegirl
on 1/1/16 2:38 am

Ahh Laurie, please don't call yourself a pig.  Sounds like you have had much to deal with.  For most of us, food is one of our coping tools. 

I gained 30 pounds between years 2 and 3 before catching myself and stopping the slide.  Took me until year 5 to get serious about taking it off.  I sit today STILL with 7 of those 30 sitting on my bod but I don't stress it as much now. 

5 Day pouch really isn't necessary.  Just go back to lean meats.fish.poultry and low glycemic veggies.  It will be tough for the first 3 - 5 days until your body adjusts. 

Dense protein will keep you full.  Eat as much of it as you want the first few days as you de-tox your system of the sugar and carbs.  Lots of water helps and take a stool softener to help with the constipation that is sure to follow a low fiber/carb and high protein diet.  I never worry about the fat and use what I need in cooking or for a bit of flavor.  Its not the devil for me

Glad your husband recovered.  I remember when this was happening.  Take care of yourself - cut yourself some slack - and get back on the horse

sfayad
on 1/1/16 6:31 am - Canada

Hi Laurie : first I want to say happy new year and glad your husband has recovered from his illness. 

Laurie you have been given a great tool to give you a second chance at life. We all deal stressor and all deal with them in different ways. Having a small pouch and putting Foods that can hurt us allows us to return to the slippery slope that was the cause of weight issue. 

Your not a PIG your making poor choices and your making these poor choice for a reason. You've done so well and to allow yourself to slip and regress shows me you've done this for a reason. 

To eat the wrong foods and gain 30 lbs tells me you've been doing this for a while. 

Im booked for surgery Jan 25 and have lost 45 lbs before I even start my prep. 

Youve done so well ,get back to the walking and putting healthy foods back in yur Body. Hope you do well 

keep us posted and remember this site is amazing to get the support you need 

good luck 

Simon

Patm
on 1/1/16 7:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Happy New Year. You have been given great advice. I wish you luck

MonaLisaSmile
on 1/1/16 12:17 pm - Canada

AWARENESS - check      KNOW HOW - check

You can do this Laurie....you just have to get back in the old swing of things.  What better day than today to make that change.

Everything is fresh and new...a clean slate.  Put the negativity and self-bashing out of your mind.  Everyone will have their "bumps in the road" with this weight battle, but not everyone will acknowledge it, own it, and share it with others that can help......you already have!!!!

I have faith in you, remember that you are more than capable of achieving all your goals  ... just believe in YOU again  !!! 

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Laurie C.
on 1/4/16 7:53 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Hey my old friend, thanks for encouragement.  I am very determined and am pretty sure that, have I have a great plan in mind

Karen M.
on 1/1/16 4:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Laurie,

First, a hug for all you've been through this year. I can't imagine the stress and emotions you've had to deal with. I'm am thrilled to hear that your husband's health has improved. Onward and upward. xo

Second - don't you EVER call yourself ANYTHING like that. It absolutely breaks my heart to think that you think of yourself like that. You're wrong. WRONG. Thoughts like that do nothing but break you down. You're down enough.

Join us on the WAYE thread. We're there to help and support each other. I miss you there - you used to post, until life took over.

Welcome back.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Laurie C.
on 1/1/16 10:02 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Thanks Karen, this is exactly what I need, all my peeps, deep sigh

Laurie

Most Active
Recent Topics