Recovering from breast and arm lift

redviking
on 1/10/16 6:00 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I'm all snuggled in on the couch in my pillow nest with my arms elevated on day two of my recovery after having a masteoplexy and brachioplasty friday.  

The pain is bearable and today I even drove the short distance to visit my parents for a bit.  I was suffering from Cabin Fever and i had to get out.   

Starting this afternoon, I'm off the Percocets and just relying on Extra strength tylenol. 

I'm happy to answer questions.  I can't really tell much about what things look like. I saw my breasts in the mirror but I'm wearing a compression bra and compression sleeves.

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Toronto Girl
on 1/10/16 7:47 pm

Good for you!

What is the recovery and what are the restrictions?

redviking
on 1/10/16 10:08 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I can shower after 3 days (monday)and on Wednesday I will visit the surgeon for a followup. I am working from home this week and my surgeon has assured me I will be ok to go back to work (office setting) on the 18th. 

I hope to go for a good walk tomorrow or Tuesday. But I don't expect to be lifting much for about three or four weeks. I have to wear the compression garments for three weeks. 

My sister stayed with me for 2 nights after the surgery and I'm glad I had her. I can't really reach or stretch my arms or lift anything so she let the dog out and cooked for me. She helped me get comfortable in bed or on the couch. I also needed her to help me dress and change my gauze, do my hair and stuff like that. 

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Toronto Girl
on 1/11/16 7:16 am

I was wondering about having a dog! Haha. Sounds like you are doing very well. If you don't mind sharing, I would love to see some photos at some point when you are out of that compression gear! Rest up! 

redviking
on 1/11/16 8:13 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

The dog is having trouble understanding that he can't climb all over me to cuddle like usual.  I've got to get him out to the park today so he can run off some energy.  

I will def. post some photos.  I'll take some today when I shower

Roma
on 1/11/16 7:47 am
RNY on 06/15/15

Thanks for sharing this! Heal well :)

Did you have the procedures in hospital or at a clinic? Did you stay overnight at the hospital or were you discharged same day?

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

redviking
on 1/11/16 8:18 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I had the surgeries in the hospital.  I was in the operating room at 8am and I was waking up in recovery at about 2:30.  I was very dizzy for a while and my blood pressure was high, so they were in no hurry to send me home.  My mom came just after 4 and I left the hospital at about 5:30.  By that time my blood pressure had settled down and I was somewhat less dizzy.  I still needed to take a gravol as soon as I got home because I felt very nauseous.  

Toronto Girl
on 1/11/16 8:25 am

Mind if we ask the cost? Others have reported that in-hospital vs in a private clinic are more expensive so curious. 

redviking
on 1/11/16 8:53 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

The grand total, taxes, hospital fees, compression garments, everything was just over 16K.  That was for lipo and loose skin removal on my arms, loose skin removal on my sides and breast lift.  

Toronto Girl
on 1/11/16 7:09 pm
On January 11, 2016 at 4:53 PM Pacific Time, redviking wrote:

The grand total, taxes, hospital fees, compression garments, everything was just over 16K.  That was for lipo and loose skin removal on my arms, loose skin removal on my sides and breast lift.  

My first reaction: WHOA. 

Second: #WorthIt !! 

Was that implants or a lift of "the real thing"? :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics