Prozac

Seyenna
on 1/22/16 4:16 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Can I take prozac with calcium? I'm finding it difficult as is to manage my medicine cycle, and adding in one more is stressing me out even more. Does anyone know if I can pair it with my calcium or multivitamin? I do recall asking, she said to take it with food, but her answer otherwise was not clear.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

sfayad
on 1/22/16 4:38 pm, edited 1/22/16 8:44 am - Canada

Hi seyenna:  

hi seyenna its Simon 

i do know that there is no known interaction between calcium and Prozac. 

Prozac is a serotonin  reputable inhibitor which has no interaction with Prozac. I guess I know this from my years as a RN emergency room nurse 

as for multivitamin 

i recommend that it not be taken at the same time. This is due to you may not absorb the total effect of the vitamin 

not sure what in the vitamin is not absorbed just that it would be best not taken at the same time. 

Seyenna it's a bummer to have to juggle all theses meds post op 

its just another problem for us to deal with. 

Best thing to do seyenna is to follow up with your pharmacist 

they can give you all the correct info you need. 

Good luck ok 

Simon

CPAC
on 1/22/16 4:46 pm

Calcium can interfere with absorption of other meds. I use liquid calcium 3x a day. Label says to take a few hours before or after meds.

So, I can relate to your difficulties. I take way too many pills and hope the surgery along with some more natural choices will mean I can stop most of the pills. For now this is how I fit it in...

When I wake I take a thyroid pill with water only and have to wait minimum 45 minutes before anything else to eat or drink (excep****er).

Next is kombucha (probiotic taken on empty stomach)

Then I take a whole lot of pills (blood pressure, antacid etc), injections, and breakfast.

A couple of hours later is 1st calcium. 

Lunch with injection and vitamins

Afternoon 2nd calcium

Dinner, injections (too soon to take 3rd calcium)

Bedtime lots of pills and injections

Most nights I wake in the middle of the night to pee. I take a 3rd calcium shot then.

I do not count my insulin injections as meds as it does not go through the stomach. I also do not count sub lingual pills, tinctures, salve, or poultice they do not go through the stomach either. 

Initial referral June 2014. Orientation Dec 2014. Initial Weight 380 lb. Meet the surgeon Feb 18 2016 Start opti Feb 19 2016 Opti weight 370 lb Surgery March 2 2016

Most Active
Recent Topics