UPDATE: 6 months Post Op - Yesterday

Bob H.
on 2/13/16 2:33 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Hello everybody;

Admittedly, it's been a while since I've posted to the group so I thought I'd give a quick update. Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary for the RNY surgery - it's hard to believe it's only been 6 months, it seems like yesterday in some cases and forever in others...  I'm happy to announce that since the beginning of this journey, I have lost exactly 140 pounds and I am pretty happy with the success! 

The weigh loss has slowed down now but still loosing a pound or so every couple of weeks. I'm really pleased with having to purchase new clothes especially since I can buy them at the "regular" stores now!

I started with Anytime Fitness in Barrhaven a few weeks ago - what a great gym, the age category in the gym is 25 - 70 and mostly everybody there is in it for fitness not for body / weight building!

To all of you who are still considering if you should do the surgery here's my honest opinion - I wish I had done it 20 years ago - I missed out so much on life and I now have it back!!!

Cheers;

Bob

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

tatilorka
on 2/13/16 3:08 pm - Canada

Hi.

sorry for my English..but I want to tell you thank you for your post, My  surgery on February 24..and I am

on my 4 days optifast,,so difficult for me ,at lest my headach is gone, but still feel not well,

just reading your post and makes me feel better) how did you manage with opti fast?

good luck and congratulation

Bob H.
on 2/13/16 6:35 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Hi There!

The Optifast gets better as you get used to it - the lack of calories can cause you to feel ucky in the beginning!  I liked to add Cinnamon and decaf coffee mix to mine - it made it taste better and gave me the feeling of having coffee!  There are also some sugar free syrups you can get that will help make it taste better - MIO the stuff for flavoring water works! - I did it for 18 weeks and learned to love it :)

Don't worry about the surgery, it will be over fast and you will be home wishing you had done it a long time ago - I wish I had for sure!

Please keep me posted on your journey and remember - enjoy it, it's going to make your life better than you can imagine!

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Patm
on 2/13/16 6:24 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations on you success. Come back more often to let us know how you are doing

Bob H.
on 2/13/16 6:35 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

I will, I promise!

------------

Dreamy74
on 2/14/16 7:56 am
RNY on 02/04/15

bobhall I am so proud of you! Way to go buddy!  You are an inspiration!  I just had my trio of 1 year follow up appointments at TWH myself on Friday.  I have lost 120 pounds and still about 10 more to go. 

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

Bob H.
on 2/15/16 7:20 am - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Hey There;

Thanks for the kind words  - It's great to hear from folks on the board, we are after all, headed towards the same goal - healthy and happy! I''m glad to hear that you had such great success! I aspire to have the same great results you have had at the 1 year mark!

Keep up the great work!

Bob

------------

peacebypiece
on 2/14/16 8:44 am

Bob;

great to hear from you! I really appreciated your posts when I first started thinking about surgery and now I am scheduled for surgery March 21 in Ottawa! You have obviously rocked the first 6 months with that weigh loss and outlook!! Good luck as you keep going!!

Bob H.
on 2/15/16 7:31 am - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Morning!

Wow March 21st, that's awesome and it will come so quickly! I remember the weeks before my surgery, there was lots of emotional feelings around the surgery, right down to "what the heck am I doing"... Well I can tell you, the term you have the rest of your life will get real right after recovery - being able to do things that before you dreamed of is the motivation. For me, it's been simple things like shoveling snow, not using the garden tractor to cut the grass, not being tired walking up a flight of stairs - for you it can be much more - including, what I am most looking forward to, living for the next 50 years )

You are going to do awesome, and although the day before the surgery and the day after will be a fog, it's is more than worth it, it's literally life changing!

Please keep me (and all of us) posted on your Journey!

Bob

PS: If your bored and want to read a series of posts that I've decided to write about my journey from how i got to where I was to how I am getting to where I'm going, check out my blog: http://www.obesityhurts.com  feedback is welcome! The goal is to convert my experience with the misadventure of weight management from the start to finish to something those who don't suffer with it will be able to relate to in hopes of raising awareness around the stigma of obesity.

------------

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/16 11:45 am

So happy to hear of a success story in Ottawa! I'm going through the process right now and I'm also in Barrhaven. How was your stay at the hospital in Ottawa?

Most Active
Recent Topics