Severe abd pain

Luckyclover84
on 2/14/16 9:01 pm - Canada

Spend a total of 8 hours over 2 days in emerge.  2 xray,  2 sets blood work and everything is normal except first xray showed lots of poop. Second one was better.  Pain started after eating popcorn which I have had before with jo issue. Middle of abd just under ribs. Severe pain. Second day I had clear fluids till I pooped lots than had toast which sat well. Tried yogurt with fruit and 15 mins later the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. Cramping and sharp pain. Went back to emerge they game me Zofran and Dilaudid which helped. I went to the nearest emerge as thr pain was so bad. 

Has anyone had anything like this? Liquids are ok but it seems like eating gives me the pain. Also should I call my dr that did the surgery or the bariatric clinic? Emerge said I should hear from gi doc for a scope this week. 

Afraid to eat!!! On clear fluids now for a few days. 

SW: 320, optifast: march 31/15 surgery: april 21/15 TEGH

Ginnny
on 2/15/16 4:17 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Do you still have your gall bladder?  Did the do an ultrasound? Sounds like gall stones to me. 

Luckyclover84
on 2/15/16 4:53 am - Canada

No gallbladder :) 

SW: 320, optifast: march 31/15 surgery: april 21/15 TEGH

Monica9811
on 2/15/16 4:45 am - Peterborough, Canada

Id go to the hospital where you had your surgery if pain continues. Good luck. 

Monica9811
on 2/15/16 6:14 am - Peterborough, Canada

Are you taking Prevacid?  Could be ulcer related....if you have any Prevacid I would start taking it until you speak or go to the hospital. 

Bob H.
on 2/15/16 8:11 am - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

I'd go to the hospital where you had the surgery and contact the team involved - you want to make sure you are careful if they scope you and it's better to have those who did the work check the work to avoid risk. that's just my opinion, there are others on the site who may think differently based on experience. I'm a conformist with my health :)

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

spitintheocean
on 2/22/16 11:51 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 02/13/12

Did you hear back as to the cause? I had similar symptoms, similar tests, but it turned out that the iron supplements I was taking seized up my colon like cement. My GI doc couldn't use the scope because the blockage was so bad.

Most Active
Recent Topics