New here

SweetPeaVeronica
on 2/22/16 7:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been on this site reading and getting answers to some of my questions. My doctor sent in my referral at the beginning of the month. I know if will be a while before receiving a call. I have started as of January 1, 2016 watching what I eat. I lost a total of 13 pounds in 1.5 months. I am hoping this will help.

Is there anything I could do in order to get an appointment quicker? Please any tips.

You all are doing a wonderful job. So proud of you all. You all are an inspiration.

Patm
on 2/23/16 4:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome to the site. Making change now is a good start. If you drink pop or smoke. Stop. Start trying to figure out what got you to this point. Why do you eat badly. Are you an emotional eater or boredom. These are things to talk to the psych when you see them.

Good luck with your journey

SweetPeaVeronica
on 2/23/16 2:34 pm

Hi Patm,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I do not smoke or drink pop. I gave up pop last year for lent and never went back. I do not drink coffee just tea and the odd latte. I still have no idea what kind of eater I truly am as I believe it is truly stress induced more than anything. Since January I have made a great choice of eating health and have lost 13 pounds on my own. I will start introducing exercise once the weather starts getting a little nicer.

MonaLisaSmile
on 2/23/16 5:39 am - Canada

Welcome!!! 

You sound like you are off to a great start.  I don't think there is anything you can do to get in quicker.  We all hate the waiting game part the most.  What clinic will you be using?

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

SweetPeaVeronica
on 2/23/16 2:36 pm

Hi MonaLisaSmile,

Yes, waiting seams to be the hardest part. My doctor mentioned she was referring me to Humber River Regional Hospital (HRRH).

Veronica

roxytrim
on 2/23/16 10:07 am, edited 2/23/16 2:06 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Your time will come sooner than you will know.  Some people have had alot of luck letting the Bariatric Clinic know they are willing/able to take cancelled appointments, but you need to get past the orientation phase first.

Good plan to stop pop, smoking, even gum chewing.  Adopt good habits like chewing every bite 20 times, eating the protien on your plate first, sitting at a table while eating.  If you haven't done so already, start using an app like MFP (my fitness pal), to begin those good habits.  Drink 8 glasses of water/day, maybe cut out alcohol.  Don't get overwhelmed with making too many changes at once. Maybe introduce one a week or two - so it becomes more of a habit & gives your brain time to jump on board the WLS train.

I'm sure more people will have some good suggestions for you.  Enjoy your journey, you are in for quite the ride 

SweetPeaVeronica
on 2/23/16 2:40 pm

HI Roxytrim,

Thanks for all the tips. I do not drink pop, smoke or even chew gun. Chewing 20 times I am going to have to get use to. lol We eat at the table every single time it is our number 1 rule we all eat together as a family and we only eat at the table. Thanks for the suggestion on the app. I will totally look into that one. I drink 3 litres of water a day already so water is not an issue as when we are trained to drink more our body needs the water.

Thank you for all your insight and well wishes.

Veronica

Most Active
Recent Topics