Referrals

Maisie87
on 4/4/16 9:00 am

Is there a way to check if the Network has received your referral? 

I asked my doctor for a referral and I am due back to his office tomorrow for a physical exam and blood work and all that... I trust my doctor will send it in but just wondering so I don't end up waiting months and don't receive a call only to find it wasn't received! 

B-Trix123
on 4/4/16 9:07 am - Toronto, Canada

If you think you will be assigned to the Toronto Western Hospital programme (incls. St. Mike's, Tor East General) call the bariatric clinic 416 603-5800 x 6145 and ask if you are on file. Not sure what the number is for Humber.

Maisie87
on 4/4/16 9:59 am

Is it a matter of location proximity? If so, I think I'm closer to Humber. 

Thank you!

gmrgirl
on 4/4/16 10:03 am

I had the same concern.  Another doctor referred me almost 2 years ago and nothing came of it, over the following months I received two calls from her assistant regarding questions she needed answers to in order to submit me (she told me that the process had recently changed being the reason for the follow up questions). Anyway, I never heard anything again.  I should have followed up.

Another doctor asked me if I wanted to be referred in February and I jumped on it with an emphatic yes!  I too was a little concerned that my referral may not have been received.  I posted my concerns here and was encouraged to call The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) Bariatric Center (they are the closest location for me).  They let me know that I was indeed on the list.  Their number is (613) 761-5101.

Most Active
Recent Topics