What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Zizzler
on 4/14/16 1:25 am

Good morning everyone.  I have been reading a cool book from the library called The Ultimate Protein Powder Cookbook.  Many of the recipes are available for free on the website but the book is worth a read in my opinion.  I would modify the recipes to use sweetener instead of the more carby items like fruit to lower the carbs further. 

Today just work then the gym after work for cardio and a nice hot yin yoga class. 

Feeling like I am coming down with a cold, hopefully I can fight it off.  Did you hear it is going to be 20 degrees this weekend? Awesome!

19 months post op

b - gnc lean protein banana shake, decaf coffee throughout the day

s - hot low carb high protein cereal with a few sf cocoa nibs thrown in for fun, try something new

l - 1 cup meatballs in tomato sauce with mozzarella and yellow wax beans

s - old cheddar portion

d - tuna in alfredo sauce over green beans, parmesan cheese

s - more of dinner if I get hungry, later...herbal tea with sucralose

all water and vits.  Have a good one everbody!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

crqvingchange
on 4/14/16 4:27 am

Thanks for the links Zizzler.   I'm always trying to get more protein in.   

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 4/14/16 1:24 pm

Me too Cc.  Have you tried Skyr Icelandic yogurt yet?  It is by PC and the plain one is 21g protein per 3/4 cup, only 2 sugar.  

crqvingchange
on 4/14/16 2:06 pm

I have tried the Skyr and really enjoy it. My friend is now on full fluids and is trying to get in good protein so I recommended Skyr to her.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Patm
on 4/14/16 6:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning. It does feel a little warmer today. I even wore a lighter jacket. I am ready to give up my poofy down coat for now. I have been fighting my night time eating. I am usually fine all day. I am hoping the better weather will put me into a better mindset. Out tonight to my women's group.

I really do not know what is for dinner. It is my DH's day off and he cooks. He is so excited by the good weather it will probably be something barbecued. I have put in chicken for now

Has anyone here used PB2 peanut butter powder? I have some packages and have never used them

b greek yogurt, applesauce

l chicken salad, celery, carrots, yogurt

s baby bel

d chicken, salad?

s laughing cow crackers

Zizzler
on 4/14/16 1:30 pm

Hey Pat, I have tried it and it is ok, I like it in baking and smoothies.  I have a bag of peanut flour I need to use up, I will probably make pb low carb cookies or muffins sometime. i fond that other brands are cheaper and just as good as pb2.  Let me know what you use it in, always looking for new ideas.

crqvingchange
on 4/14/16 2:13 pm

Hi Pat, I have used PB2 mixed in strawberry yogurt for a PB&J taste, also on smoothies. Reconstituted I think I prefer regular PB, but it's good mixed into foods.

Meggles07
on 4/14/16 6:20 am - Canada

I have been on a real oatmeal kick lately. I bought a steel cut mix that is horrible for baking with, so I cooked up a plain batch. I think I will make some more this weekend -- I get six servings from one batch so it lasts the week.

Not much on the go today. My aunt has been in the hospital this week and we might be taking her home today. I'm keeping my day open until I hear from them.

13 months post-op

Breakfast - oatmeal, ham

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - chicken and veg leftovers

Snack - egg, pickles

Snack - tomatoes, pepperette

Dinner - burger patty and veggies

Snack - pudding and protein bites

All water and vits

new_me180
on 4/14/16 5:24 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Evening all. Review time. Tonight i just have ONE more paper to write and no more till next semester. Got home a little early and made a delicious veg curry for dinner. I used some cauliflower, 1 cup of butternut squash, some mushrooms and 1/3 cup of lite coconut milk. It was really good. Have some for a few meals too. Went to the gym and did academy, then zumba. Now my abs and thighs hurt.

2 yrs post-op

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal with pp added. I forgot the pb when i was halfway to school.

S - 1 egg

L - 3oz pork, 1/4 cup cucumbers

S - 1 oz chicken breast, 2 mini mars bars, arrgg!!!

D - 1/2 cauliflower curry, chicken thigh

S - quest pumpkin bar

Hope everyone had a good day, Nia.

crqvingchange
on 4/14/16 6:56 pm

Your dinner sounds really good Nia.  Wow that sounds like a good workout.  Congrats on getting through the semester.

Most Active
Recent Topics