Bloat

NorthernStar
on 5/16/16 5:53 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Over the past 6 months or so, I've been experiencing bloat a lot. Mostly after I eat. I haven't changed what/how much I've been eating. I'm not experiencing any other symptoms really, just the bloat and it's really annoying. Last night after dinner (homemade lean beef burger, asparagus, bit of roasted sweet potato), I looked 9 months pregnant! 

I track my food but I will make a better effort to journal any bloat along with my food intake to see if I can spot a trend. It seems to be happening no matter what I eat though. I don't drink pop or chew gum, so I'm not sure this is caused by the typical culprits. 

Has anyone else experienced bloat like this? 

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

birdiegirl
on 5/17/16 2:55 am

I would mention this to the nurse when you have your 4 year check up.  Does it take long to dissipate? 

NorthernStar
on 5/17/16 4:11 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Not too long, usually an hour or so. It helps if I go for a walk or move around so I usually do that to help it along. No bloat after dinner last night. I'm hoping it's just a god sensitivity; once I know what it is I can cut it out. 

*Lindsey*

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/16 5:30 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I had terrible bloat for months after eating.  I had no other symptoms other than the bloat  caused discomfort and then major gas for hours until I no longer looked pregnant.  This went on for months and I tried elimination diet to see if it was dairy or gluten, etc.  Still kept getting it then one day I ended up in extreme pain during one of these bloats.  I ended up with a bowel obstruction, not sure if one had anything to do with the other but even though the obstruction resolved itself without surgery, the bloat came back again.  Fast forward months and it was bloat for days then bowel obstructions then ended up with an internal hernia and surgery.  Had it repaired, bloat went away then 6 months later, it started again and went through the same dance again with obstructions and ended up with a second internal hernia surgery.  Knock on wood, the 2nd repair was almost 18 months ago and no bloat since.  If you get any pain, make sure to get it checked immediately.

NorthernStar
on 5/17/16 9:26 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Sorry to hear this! Glad the bloat has gone away for you. No pain so far, just the general discomfort that comes with bloat but I will be careful if I do experience any. Hmm I wonder if it could be dairy, I certainly eat my share of Greek yogurt and cheese. 

*Lindsey*

Most Active
Recent Topics