30 pounds down in 2 months?

Eragon2015
on 7/29/16 10:04 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying your day and the start of the long weekend.  I was just wonderig if a 30 pound loss in 2 months was okay? Is it too little? Should I have lost more by now? I started opti on june 6th. Surgery was june 15h. Just wondering if I'm "normal" I guess. I know everyone is different. Thanks for any ideas! 

RNY Surgery June 15, 2016 with Dr Hagen

HW 267 CW 193

Carchick28
on 7/29/16 8:40 pm - Canada

I think you are doing perfect.  I have lost about 35 and my surgery was June 20. I think everyone is different and also it depends on how active you are and also how much you have to lose. I think you are perfectly "normal".   Look at it on a weekly level, you would never have lost that much weight in a weeks time without surgery so keep doing what you are doing and you will do just fine. :-)

crqvingchange
on 7/30/16 11:43 am

Go to the top of the page and click on RESOURCES.  Use the Post op Planner tool.  Plug in your starting weight and an estimated percentage of excess weight you will lose.  The average is around 75%.  That should give you an estimated timeline of how long it will take to lose the weight.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics