Question

SweetPeaVeronica
on 9/6/16 6:49 pm

Hi Everyone, I went to see Dr. Klein on September 1. He has referred me to Dr. Glazer for assessment for pre-op gastric bypass. I have my appt with the nut/diet/nurse on Dec 3. What can I expect from my appointment with Dr. Glazer?

lizz122964
on 9/6/16 7:40 pm

Hi there, Dr Glacier will go over your medical history, want to know what meds your taking. He may want you to have a sleep study, he'll probably do a ECG. He may send you for a echo. Call for your appointment right away as sometimes the wait time can be long. Good luck. 

Tracks
on 9/7/16 9:08 am - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

Dr Klein also sent me to see Dr Glazer.   I had my appointment with Dr Klein in March.   When I called to book with Dr Glazer, I was given an appointment of November.   I later received a call from his office they had a cancellation in July so I took it.

I had to fill out a medical history form (3 pages I think), they did a EKG, blood pressure, height and weight.   The appointment itself was pretty quick.   Dr Glazer sent me for a sleep study and and some heart tests.   I don't think everyone needs to do this.  Some people are finished after that first appointment, no follow up needed.   In my case, he told me he wasn't overly worried about my medical condition but better to be safe than sorry and have the extra tests done.   I go back next week for a followup.

Most Active
Recent Topics