roller coaster

leeann73
on 9/29/16 11:09 am

I saw the social worker this week.  Every other appointment, I have been on a high after.  Since this appointment, I have been in a funk.  I did all the homework.  I have been to more counselling in the past then I would like to admit.  I even went to OA for a few years and really went through my past and my relationships.  I don't really feel like going back there again.  I just want to move forward.  A big sign I guess that I need to get over it, but it sucks.

Good news is that since my nutrition class I only want to eat because it is time to eat and I have no desire for sugar, carbs, pop, etc.  I am eating pretty healthy - yogurt, nuts, cheese, eggs, chicken, veggies ... humus, smart crackers .... but just feeling flat and blah since the last appointment ..... I. Just. want. this. over. with. ..... 

more good news - I have lost about 10 pounds. 

thanks for listening.

Manda32
on 9/29/16 12:32 pm

Sorry to hear you are feeling down after your appointment. Are they requesting you see a Psychologist? I know when I went to my sw appointment, becaues I do see a Doctor for counselling (and she wrote a supportive letter for me) that I did not have to see a Psychologist?

I'm not sure what OA is, but if they are requesting counselling for you, try and view it as a positive thing. They want you to be in the best possible health you can be prior to surgery, not just physically but mentally.

If, going through more counselling buming you out focus on what your doing well.

Great job losing 10 lbs, and eating healthy. Lucky you not desiring the bad stuff. I'm still working on that. But no Pop for me for almost three weeks now. Working on less junk, than no junk at some point I hope. This journey is hard. And certain things are harder or easier for some then others, but we got to keep trying and keeping a positive attitude that all our hard work will pay off in the end.

Remember its all for your best interest. Best of luck!!!

sneezy6145
on 9/29/16 5:34 pm

It's all normal. It's a very long 1+year to go through. Just know we've all been there and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Teena D.
on 9/30/16 8:29 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

It sure is a roller coaster ride- good for you on the healthy eating.  Did OA (overeater's anonymous, right?) help you?

I've finished my appointments, and I see the surgeon on November 25th.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
Recent Topics