What are you eating/doing today? (Saturday)

Zizzler
on 10/22/16 3:08 am

Good morning Everyone.  How is everyone doing?  Rainy day today, which is ok since I am having my dog of almost 17 years euthanized this morning.  Afterwards I will be having a brunch with family to celebrate her life.  She has a had a long good life, it is just her time to go.  People told me that I will just know when it is time and lately she has been looking at me just like that.  She has been sick for years now, never wags her tail, is skin and bones, walking is painful, no energy, eats next to nothing.  Anyhow, it is sad but it needs to be done, I do not want her to suffer.  Other than that I have planned to do grocery shopping, hot yin yoga in the afternoon and go bowling with friends in the evening.  Not sure if I will feel up to either activity but it is comforting to have stuff planned.  Might just go home and have a good long cry with my other dog, life has changed forever for us today.

2 years 2 months post rny

b - decaf coffee with a premier protein shake in it as a "creamer"

brunch - some sort of eggs benny maybe, minus the bread?  Coffee

snack -  New hope low carb mix pancake with sf walden walnut maple syrup and butter, later... herbal tea

dinner - leftover crockpot garlic mushrooms in condensed mushroom soup with shirataki fetucchini noodles and parmesan cheese

snack - diet pop at bowling, might bring a leftover pancake with something in it as a snack

All water and vitamins.  have a nice day everyone, try to stay dry if possible!

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Monica9811
on 10/22/16 4:35 am - Peterborough, Canada

Oh Ziz I'm so sorry to hear that. It's a difficult decision but you are right. It's time to let go. She doesn't want to suffer anymore. Sending you hugs ?

Zizzler
on 10/22/16 9:02 am

Thank you, it was hard but she looked very peaceful for the first time in a long while.

Meggles07
on 10/22/16 7:02 am - Canada

Big hugs Zizz!! 17 years is a great life and I'm sure you have lots of love and memories.

We didn't make it tile shopping last weekend so we are doing that today.

Breakfast - pepperette

Snack - peanuts and apricots

Lunch - unknown but I brought extra snacks

Snack - yogurt, pepperette

Dinner - tbd

Snack - popcorn

All water and vits.

Zizzler
on 10/22/16 9:06 am

Thank you, I still have another dogs so I am snuggling with him.  He is looking around for her though, it is kind of heartbreaking to see. I will be fine.  Enjoy your shopping, is it raining where you are as well?  Raining all day over here.  Like the apricot and peanut combo, sounds yummy.

Meggles07
on 10/22/16 9:10 am - Canada

Aww dogs are the best. Give him lots of hugs!! Our fur-baby is only 1.5 years old...

It's not raining here yet, but it rained yesterday.

Patm
on 10/22/16 7:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sorry to hear about your dog. They are such a major part of our lives. Take care of yourself.

Nice day here today. Hope to do a little gardening. Out looking at fireplaces. Want to explore having one put into our living room. Currently having trouble waking up.

b greek yogurt, granola

l beef barley soup, yogurt

d chili

s tea

Zizzler
on 10/22/16 9:09 am

Thank you Pat, I will do my best, lots of tears right now but I know that is healthy and normal, good for the soul.  Have you seen those fireplaces that go in the middle of the room with  multiple sides to them, super nice.  I love my gas one in my living/family room in winter, very comforting.  What kind are you looking at?  There is something really nice about wood burning, the smell is amazing. 

Patm
on 10/22/16 1:34 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

We are looking for a small one to fit where the fake one is. First store the store room was under construction with little light to see. The second was closed. I think it was not meat to be.

Before we went my dog rolled in something bad in the park. We had to walk him toa petvalu to bath him

LeslieT3440
on 10/22/16 11:29 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good Afternoon All,

Zizzler, I am very sorry you have to be going through this, 17 years with a pet is a very long time. Just think of all the wonderful memories and love she has brought you. I have a cat that I am very attached to and just last weekend I had to bring him to the hospital, he was crying and struggling to pee. After several test they found he has bladder stones and his urethra was blocked. They were able to unblock the urethra and have put him on 3 different kinds of meds as well as a special diet to break down the stones. He has to be monitored for a while because the stone may block him again as they break down. This ordeal was very scary. He sure is getting spoiled lots of attention, I swear he is milking this.

B - 1/2 C fat free plain Greek yogurt     

S1 - Premier Protein Shake (ewww)

L - 1/4 C Ricotta Bake ( I know day three lol but it goes down well & is tasty)

S2 - Protein Shake (ewwww)

D - 1/4 Tuna Salad

S3 - 1/4 C Butternut Squash

Cals 583 Carbs 30 Fat 16 Protein 86

Have a great weekend all   

RNY - TWH - Orientation April 2015,  SW July 2015, NP Sept 2015, NUT class November 2015, NUT & Psych January 2016, 2nd NUT April 2016, Meet the Surgeon July 2016, Surgery October 4th 2016

Most Active
Recent Topics