Day 1 optifast

Cinderz
on 11/7/16 1:23 pm

I was so nervous about this morning. I knew starting optifast was the end of one chapter and the beginning of another, I'd read so many posts prior to today and I figured my own experience would go one of two ways, I'd either hate it and be miserable for the next 28 days or I'd be ok with it and embrace the next 4 weeks and I'm glad to report that I don't mind the taste, I opted to go with all chocolate and I'm glad I did!!  I didn't need to put anything in it for flavouring, I've just played with the consistency, I only felt hungry once and distracted myself and eventually the feeling went away. I'm currently not dreading the next month however I may not be a fan of chocolate when all is said and done. Lol

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/16 1:58 pm

Good luck to you!!!  I start Opti tomorrow, but for two weeks.  I'm hoping it won't be too bad.  

All the best!!  Have a speedy recovery after surgery and keep us updated.  

Cinderz
on 11/7/16 2:30 pm

Thank you Porridge!

I wish you luck with your upcoming surgery as well with the optifast! I will update after surgery and look forward to hearing your update as well! :-)

blueherring
on 11/8/16 3:56 am
RNY on 12/23/16

I start optifast on Dec 2. There are a lot of recipes out there to play around with taste of it tho.

Good luck and best wishes :)

Referral to Ottawa Civic Hospital in March 2016, surgery on Dec 23 with Dr Neville,

Loss so far M1=21, M2=10, M3=8, M4=8, M5=7, M6=6, M7=5

Cinderz
on 11/8/16 7:39 am

Hi blueherring,

You're not far behind me with optifast and surgery, in fact I remember having a dream about a month ago and in it my surgery was on December 23rd and I remember everyone being upset because I wouldn't be home to cook Christmas dinner! I've had a few friends who have had it done and told me the Vanilla was awful and they had to find ways of making it go down better. I went with all chocolate which is fine, I'm sure I'll come up with a few ways to change the flavour because let's face it, 28 days, 112 of the same flavour will get a little boring. Thank you and good luck to you as well :-)

Kathy1212
on 11/8/16 7:21 am

So glad you like the taste!  I haven't started yet and am hoping I'll be OK with it too.  I tried slim fast and other liquid diets in the past and was OK with some, hated others, so hopefully I'll be able to at least tolerate it.

Do you know your surgery date?

Kathy

Cinderz
on 11/8/16 7:33 am

Hi Kathy1212,

I would compare the chocolate optifast similar to the taste of slim fast. This is day 2 and I've played around with the consistency, I prefer it thicker and I use my ice crusher to crush about 3/4 cup of ice and then add the 300ml of cold water and it comes out like a milkshake, and with more ice it gives it like an ice cream consistency so you can eat it with a spoon, which I did for my dinner yesterday and it mimicked eating which I think tricked me into not feeling like I wasn't eating.

my surgery is on December 5th, do you have a surgery date yet?

Kathy1212
on 11/17/16 9:49 am

Hi,

I liked the chocolate slimfast so hopefully I'll be OK. 

Wow, December 5th; that will get here before you know it!  Great idea about using an ice crusher. 

I was given a tentative surgery date of February 1st!  Valerie said she'd call me later this week or early next week to confirm or let me kow if there are changes.  So excited, and hopefully she'll give me the dates I need to go to TO in January so I can book a hotel and flight. I did find out I'll be on opti for 3 weeks.

Cinderz
on 11/17/16 7:56 pm

Hi again!

Only 17 more days until surgery!! February isn't that far away once you think about it, you'll get to enjoy Christmas and then start optifast after the new year and boom, February 1st will be here before you know it! I'm lucky to be able to drive into Toronto, taking the train actually, it's a 3 hour journey but thankfully can be done without having to fly in. I am also lucky as all my travel expenses are being paid for by ODSP which came as a huge relief right before Christmas!  In regards to my ice crusher, funny thing is I almost gave it away about a month ago as it has been sitting in the cupboard unused for quite some time. Then the morning I had to make my first shake I added lots of ice as suggested by the dietician and remembered the crusher and thought I'd try that and it was perfect, allows for it to be a bit thicker as well which I think helps me feel more full. You'll figure out which way works best for you! Good luck, I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions during optifast as well as after surgery. :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics