Only 6 days left!!!

Cinderz
on 11/28/16 8:58 pm

Today is my daughters 14th birthday and I remember we had a party planned with all her favorite foods and my famous ice cream cake that I've always made for as long as I can remember. When I found out in October that my surgery was several months sooner then I'd thought it would be (yay) I was excited and then slightly just for a moment saddened at the thought of not being able to partake in her birthday celebrations in regards to the food aspect. Upon finding out my surgery would be exactly one week after her birthday, she asked to not have a party and for me not to make her cake. She has been my biggest supporter through all of this and really is such a sweet girl!!! I honoured her wishes and instead of doing the big party plan I took both my girls out for dinner, I watched them eat and by now I don't even want the food, yes, it smells delicious and it gets my tummy talking but my mouth doesn'****er nor do I get the urge to have even just a lick ( though the running joke is, "come here, you got something on your face, I'll lick it off for ya")  I never toot my own horn but really am so proud of how far I've come. I remember prior to optifast and even during the first few days I questioned whether or not I would be successful with WLS, would I be able to ignore the head hunger, fight the temptations and not give in. The last 3 weeks have truly helped me to understand so much and come to terms with what I am truly capable of. I only wished I'd have been able to have the same realizations before getting to the obese state that I am in, I've missed out on so much of my life and so much of my children's lives due to the simple fact I couldn't move. I guess as the saying goes, it's never too late, I look forward to getting the tool I need to shed the weight and keep it off and be a success story as so many of you here are!! This is my last Monday before surgery! Only 6 more days to go before my new life begins. When I started Optifast, 28 days seemed like a lifetime, I went into it with dread and now here I am, day 22 and embracing it. I've had some ups and I've had some downs but I am sure that is part of the process. I'm seriously addicted to this forum and find myself reading back to posts from months and even years ago and plan to continue to do so. Ok, my post has turned into an emotional rant, I just want to say thanks to everyone here, whether it be for a like to one of my posts or a reply with encouragement or even a post of your own which I found inspiring, I'm loving the "weekly weigh in" forum and the "what are you eating today?" Can't wait to start posting there!!

crqvingchange
on 11/29/16 3:41 am

Cinderz you don't have to wait to join the What are you Eating thread.  We have had people on Opti posting there menu.  It's a great supportive group of people are you would be very welcome.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 11/29/16 1:17 pm

Thank you for posting this; it was so helpful for me to read where you are and what your thoughts are, and have been.  I'm pre optifast; I won't start that until sometime in January, and I am fluctuating between feeling like I can't wait to start and dreading it and worried that I'll mess up and fail at this too.  Today I actually had an anxiety attack thinking about going to Toronto to meet the surgery team and get my opti, although why, I don't know as just a few days ago I was really looking forward to it.  I"m so glad you're doing so well, and have had 22 succesful days of opti. 

Good luck with the next 6 days, and your surgery.  Keep us updated.

Kathy

leeann73
on 11/29/16 9:20 pm

what a great post.  You are doing so great!  cannot wait to hear about the surgery and watch your journey.

Most Active
Recent Topics