mish mash

leeann73
on 12/13/16 1:39 pm

Just some ramblings really.

In my job, there are a ton of goodies brought in every day and a ton of marketing lunches and breakfasts this time of year.  So hard.  Today, at The Keg, I ordered shrimp ****tail without the sauce and a ceasar salad with no dressing, no croutons and no bacon.  I am trying ... it is hard though.  I have to stay away from the kitchen.  I feel like I am in mourning.  So, a victory at the Keg but I am missing my holiday foods for sure.

One other issue - when I lose the weight, will my incontinence improve?  At 43, I am so disgusted that I have to wear pee pads and so sick of myself really.

Sorry - it is a feel sorry for myself day today ...... 

sneezy6145
on 12/13/16 2:48 pm

I don't want to get accused of telling you wrong things but ****tail sauce for.shrimp shouldn't be that bad. No fat in it cause it's just ketchup and horseradish sauce. I've been eating that a few times since my surgery. Just boiled shrimp and ****tail sauce. 

As for the incontinence issue. Just this past week I have had the conversation with my husband. I don't pee nearly as much as I used too. I never had to wear pee pads but I did pee a lot. I would get up a few times during the night which I don't do anymore. I don't know if you have children but I noticed bladder weakness after my youngest was born. Do keegle exercises and when you lose weight I'm sure you will feel much better.

Keep your chin up, you're doing awesome!!

Leslie W.
on 12/13/16 2:53 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Congratulations on your Keg dinner. I go there occasionally. I just steal from hubby's plate. You will be able to have a treat again. Mostly likely a cookie will be it. Anything  sweater makes me dump or I just don't feel good. Mourning is totally normal. WLS is a huge change. Try to give yourself a hug.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
birdiegirl
on 12/13/16 3:23 pm

I think you're pre surgery?   If this is correct,  I would cut yourself some slack.  Nothing wrong with dipping your fork in the dressing or with ****tail sauce.  I credit shrimp ****tail with much of my early success.

if you really work your surgery, it will take care of the weight.  

Just try and cut back rather then super strict.

leeann73
on 12/13/16 5:40 pm

Thanks everyone. I am pre surgery but my 2nd dietician and 3rd social work appointments are this Friday and my hopefully final appointment with dr shaban is next Tuesday so I feel a lot of pressure to lose weight and be "perfect" so they will pass me for surgery.  My last dietician apt did not go so well. I thought I made a lot of good changes but too many nuts and protein drinks so she wanted to see me again. I am really studying up on clear liquids vs full liquids. I felt off guard by the post surgery questions last time. Psych passed me and social worker said I was good to go but if seeing dietician again she would see me one more time. 

Linda M.
on 12/14/16 6:02 am - Orillia, Canada

You are doing well and I think we do need to count every win and learn from decisions we might have done differently.  I have one more appointment before I am cleared for surgery so I have a ways to go.  What I am doing well is thinking about my food choices, trying to slow down my eating, have smaller portions, and not feel shame nor defeat.  I had ice cream last night.  My husband asked if I really wanted it, and I smiled and said yes.  I made a conscious food choice.  I limited the portion and enjoyed it.  WLS is a really big decision for us to make and the changes we make after surgery will be forever changes.  As one said, cut yourself some slack and just make conscious decisions.  It is a learning process.  You're doing great.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Manda32
on 12/14/16 7:55 am

Hi Leeann,

Sent you a pm, but hadn't seen this post yet.  

I understand the pressure and feeling like you have to be perfect. I felt that way after my sw appointment in October, but I worked on the things she asked, and was approved yesterday. Even though, I think we put the pressure on ourselves to be perfect, and yes  it can feel like that's what they want, they just want you to put in a good effort, and that your making changes, that you can stick with. I definitely am not perfect, and to say I'm eating 100 percent perfect would be a lie, so don't be so hard on yourself!!! Your doing great! As someone else said don't be so strict on yourself.

Getting into better habits is what they really want, so that will all be successful with WLS surgery.

I'm sure you'll do great this week with your upcoming appointments. Good luck!

Patm
on 12/14/16 6:11 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You appear to be doing great. But as others said do not be too hard on yourself at this time of year.

Incontinence may or may not resolve. However I know TWH and other hospitals have great department to deal with this. TWH had a great presentation at one of their support groups.

Good luck

Teena D.
on 12/14/16 7:51 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I hear you on the incontinence- I don't have to wear pads but it's getting there. I'm 44 and after 3 kids and years of being overweight- I hate it.  I've read that weight loss will help but if it doesn't I will definitely be talking to my dr about correction surgery.

Good for you for being so motivated.  Keep your eye on the prize! I'm sure you will be cleared for surgery now- which hospital are you at?

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Mama-E
on 12/15/16 5:30 am

I've been doing a lot of research on pelvic floor rehabilitation - apparently there is a lot more to it than keigles! 

You might want to look into it as well!

good luck!

Ref:07/2016 Orientation: 09/26/16 Psych appt:Oct 6 2016 Nurse: Nov 14/16 SW: Jan 16/17 Nutrition: Jan 26/ 17 Surgeon: March 31/17 Surgery: Aug 15/2017.

HW (so far) 252lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics