Valentines Day Surgery

Tigress29
on 12/31/16 6:36 am

I'm so nervous. I mean it will be the best gift I ever gave myself. I'll be having my surgery at Toronto Western.

My concern is I have newly diagnosed bipolar and I'm scared of the unknown. I just recently started a mood stabilizer. Does anyone know if they can postpone my surgery because of my mental health. My doctor gave me the go ahead but I'm still worried about my presurgery appointment.

So many unknowns! I'm afraid to start opti fast. What if?

I'm having revision RNY.

Any advice from someone who has or knows someone in my situation would be great. I know I'm not the only with issues but I'm the only one in my family with mh issues, which means zero support. They can't even grasp what I'm going through without an impending surgery on the horizon.

Happy New Year!

Referral October 2015, TWH Orientation December 7 2015, Nurse & Social Worker Feb 25 2016, Nutrition Class Apr 11 2016, Psychiatrist Apr 13 2016, Surgery Feb 14 2017, Surgery Postponed Jan 29 2017, Psychiatrist Oct 5 2017, Nurse Oct 25 2017, Meet the Surgeon Feb 2 2018, Revision Surgery Date April 10 2018

HW 336

Patm
on 12/31/16 7:03 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Many people have metal health issues. It is not a reason to be excluded from surgery. It might be helpful to get a letter from your doctor for the centre you are going through to tell them he/she is fine with you having the surgery. The centres just want to know that you know what you are getting into and can handle it.

Many people do not undertand that this is a total change of lifestyle and go into to far to lightly.

sweetart
on 12/31/16 8:09 am - Windsor, ON
RNY on 12/20/16

If the doctor and social worker approved you, they feel you are going to be just fine! And they're the pros!

You're going to do great! 

I don't have have any anxiety problems but was terrified of optifast! I really feel that they should give everyone 1 shake before they start so they could see that it's not that bad! Caused a lot of avoidable stress for me the last month's!

Be well, you're going to do just awesome!

Melissa in Windsor, Ontario

Referral 1/15/2016 - Surgery TEGH (Michael Garron) December 20, 2016 w/ Dr. Aarts

5'2" - - - > HW 282, Optifast 220, SW 213, CW 156 (but I'm on it!)

Tigress29
on 1/2/17 4:43 am

Ok I'm glad to hear that you were stressed too. I  know  I'll just have to suck it up and do it or no surgery. I've waited far to long for the surgery and I won't screw it up.

Thanks for your confidence boost !!

Kathy1212
on 1/1/17 9:42 pm

Hi Tigress,

If you've already been approved and scheduled for surgery I don't think they'd take that away unless your doctor, or you yourself, felt you weren't ready at this time to go through it.

Good luck!

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics