Dissappointed

Jo0710
on 2/1/17 6:48 am

I had told a few people at work that I trusted about my surgery.  One even came with me to orientation and I trusted her not to say anything.  I have told people yes but I've also told them that it was my secret and I would tell people when I was ready and wanted to.  Well I get back to work and EVERYONE knows.  I'm so disappointed and upset.  I know it was the person that came with me to orientation. It really sucks.  I wanted to tell people on my own terms and not because someone told everyone else.  

Why can't people just be quiet? Teaches me not to trust many people.  

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Tracks
on 2/1/17 7:01 am - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

That is very disappointing.  I am the same as you - told very few people and asked that nothing be said as I would tell if/when I was ready.  I will be really upset if I find out someone told the people I work with.  It's personal.

Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise and you'll find support where you didn't expect it.

HW: 335 SW: 310 CW: 287

Wayne H.
on 2/2/17 9:23 am
RNY on 02/08/17

My entire work place knows about my upcoming surgery.  I am being supported from my Director level right on down to the folks around the building.  Mind you I have been here 33 years so we're more like family but I tell you, I am getting lots of support despite having to smell all the Food Aroma's peculating everywhere while I am on Optifast (Day 16 now)

I live by the phrase "Do not trust anybody".  NO ONE!!

Most Active
Recent Topics