the liquid diet ? few years post op

Katiebear291
on 2/11/17 7:53 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

So from time to time I have come back and posted on here.  I am post op 3-4 years (don;t even remember exactly when surgery was). I am living in a semi remote area with no access to support groups and have strayed quite far from anything that could have been considered rules for post surgery living.

I seem to remember years ago some people talking about doing a liquid diet to kick start their system and get themselves back to basics with following rules.

Does anyone know where to find where that progressive liquid diet was for multi year pot op patients and does anyone have a link to the post op rules.  I really only remember the whole - don;t drink within 30 minutes of eating - which is soooo hard to follow since eating makes me so thirsty.

Trying to get myself back on track.

Thanks

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

White Dove
on 2/12/17 7:59 am - Warren, OH

It is on Bariatric Eating and requires you to buy their shakes.  I was on that board for many years and none of them ever kept any weight off or got back on track from their liquid diet.  Their store does sell a lot of protein shakes.

To get back on track, forget about any gimmicks.  You need a good scale to weigh yourself, a digital kitchen scale and a food tracking program like My Fitness Pal.

Not drinking with meals is hard for all of us, but drinking with meals defeats your surgery.  I fill up on water before eating and drink a lot of water between meals.

Eat dense protein, low carbs, count your calories and don't expect it to be easy or magic.  To lose one pound, I have to stay at 900 calories a day for one week.  To lose twenty pounds, I would have to do that for twenty weeks.

Shakes are a joke.  They are fine in the early stages when it is impossible to get enough protein from food.  But they are just a way to deliver lots of calories with no feeling of fullness.  Eat a piece of chicken or a steak instead.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathy1212
on 2/12/17 8:03 am

Hi, and welcome back. 

I've read about people doing a "pouch reset" diet.  When I googled, I found this: http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

I don't know if that's what you mean, or if it helps or not. Hopefully some of the people who are further out will know.

Maybe post again on the RNY forum?  There are more people there.

Good luck!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Patm
on 2/12/17 5:42 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The pouch test is all about getting rid of carbs. As dove suggested back to basics. Get into better eating habits. Protein forward. If you fill up on non carb protein foods you will be full and jut have to deal with head hunger. That is more about dealing with your eating issues

Katiebear291
on 2/22/17 3:45 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

Thanks Pat - this is exactly what I have decided to do.  Back to the rules (or as many of them as I can remember). Eating my protein 1st, cutting out the breads and no drinking while eating (which is a big one for me!)

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

Most Active
Recent Topics