Frustrated.

Jo0710
on 2/17/17 4:59 pm

So I'm a month out. Some days everything is fine but lately more often than not If I eat anything of substance, Turkey deli meat, cheese, eggs even now, chilli I feel like it gets stuck and I end up throwing up the foamies and mucous. I sit and eat slowly and chew it up till it's almost all dissolved already in my mouth. 

The only things I'm able to have no problem is my full fluids. Yogurt, laughing cow cheese, protein drinks and soup. 

Had anyone else been like this or should I be concerned I still can't handle anything? 

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

birdiegirl
on 2/17/17 5:12 pm

Some people just take a little longer then others.  Either their own physiology or the surgeons technique can differ.  Just take your time.  So what if you take longer on full fluids then others?  This is a long game, go at your own pace, not others.

Jo0710
on 2/17/17 5:23 pm

Thanks. Just seemed weird. I'll stay on my fluids longer. I don't mind it but just wanted a little more variety. Apparently my new friend the pouch doesn't yet. Lol 

I'm super happy wirh the weight loss in my first month. Some more social stuff is coming that I'm worried about. My son has a tournament and we always do dinner or lunch out so hoping to find a place with a good soup. Then in April I'm away for a week for work in Toronto. Hoping that I'm on some more food by then. 

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Lovely_Caprice
on 2/17/17 5:55 pm

I am exactly like you been 6 months.  It is starting to get better.  It takes time. 

Jo0710
on 2/17/17 6:12 pm

Did you mostly do liquids for the whole time? I was able to get down scambled eggs with cheese but harder eggs won't go. I'm hoping I can do it but I'm terrified of trying things now.  2 spoons of chilli tonight in 15 minutes made me get sick for 4 hours. Finally starting to feel a bit more normal but holy crap! 

**Half the woman I was**

Mahalo F.
on 2/17/17 6:33 pm

Hi!

I am (6) weeks out & can't have deli meats, chili, meat, chicken or pork.  I am going to tell you what everyone told me.  Slow down and take your time.  Slow and sure...

I recommend the following?
So far I have only eaten, yogurts, Baby Gerber Oatmeal, bananas, any blended fruit, Heinz Prune baby fruit, meatballs (veal, egg & cheese) no bread crumbs blended with a bit of sauce.  Poached eggs (medium)...Humus, 
Guacamole, (Costco has the Organic individual containers) blended lentil soup, blended Italian soup with cheese, blended Minestrone, Western ?whipped cream cheese... Egg salad blended... Ricotta cheese, Tuma cheese, 2-3 tbs of anything
I am tolerating everything...
I am not in any hurry to pu****
I am drinking 2 Premier Protein shakes 60 GM daily? breakfast ? lunch ? I litre of decaffeinated teas/coffee & I 1/2 -2 litres of water daily. 

I find any meat, chicken or fish brings on this crazy pain and then it feels like cement...

I am taking my time....

Hope this helps! Remember we are all very different!

Sandra 

Mahalo.  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Most Active
Recent Topics