4 years ago today I remember walking into the operating room

Monica9811
on 2/27/17 1:50 pm - Peterborough, Canada

it's hard to believe it's been 4 years already. Now I can say I'm a Vet now lol. My quick history. Highest weight 275 I lost 110lbs and have kept it off since. I am usually between 163 and 167. I weigh myself every day unless I have company.  They don't want to see my naked ass on the scale lol. The first year I didn't touch crap. Nothing. I didn't care if it was my birthday or a celebration. I wasn't having it. I ate protein protein protein. If I had room for something else I had some veggies. My go to snacks were yogurt, beef jerky, almonds and protein bars. I had a protein shake every morning some days with a bit of fruit but most days just added sf syrup. I got sick of premier protein because I did it for a year before surgery. I gave up Diet Coke before surgery and don't miss it. I ate a lot of half wraps but just the guts and dinner was steak chicken or pork. Gravies and BBQ sauce helped a lot. My favourite meal was chill. I still enjoy it to this day. Now that I'm further out I will have some carbs. A bite or two of potatoe bread cake popcorn etc. I just need a taste and I'm good. I was a chocolate lover and still get the cravings. As long as I get a taste every now and then I'm good. I got divorced last year because he was overweight and couldn't handle the compliments I was always getting. He was supposed to have surgery but he backed out. My new bf is thin and is trying to gain weight. He's only 155lbs but he wants to be 165. Funny though when we go out he often orders salad with a meal. I guess that's how skinny people stay skinny. I just want a couple of damn fries lol. We eat well at home but he loves his cookies and chocolate bars and Joe Louis!  But he also eats a lot of fruit during the day because he's a carpenter and physical at work. I used to crave the junk when I first met him but now that it's in the house all the time I'm good. I would say the best reason I have stayed on track is this website. You can't just lose the weight and "go away". We need the support and reminders. Many people gain weight because of complacency. I won't allow that to happen. I appreciate the vets on this site who help us daily. Birdie girl, Pat and Tracey. They are long time posters. We need them and I appreciate them. I often wonder how the people are doing that went through the surgery the same time as me. I never see them. I hope they are still doing well. Anyway enough about me. I look forward to my 5 and 10 year post. Life is great!

roxytrim
on 2/27/17 4:09 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Yey you Monica, you are just a month before me. I too wonder what happened to all those people we used to read on here, and lament how active the ontario forum used to be. You would think with the high numbers getting surgery now this form would be really active.  Maybe the Bariatric centres are not refering to this site any longer in the literature.

I agree with you that it is helpful to keep active in the WLS community because it is so easy to become complacement about the journey.

Glad to hear you are keeping on a steady path despite life's twists & turns. Let's work on the next 10 years keepin' on keepin' on 

Monica9811
on 2/27/17 6:55 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Nice to see you Roxy!!  Some people are readers and not posters. As long as we stay connected that's what matters.  Hope all is good on your journey as well!!

Kathy1212
on 2/28/17 12:48 am

Congratulations!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Patm
on 2/27/17 4:48 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congrats on your four years. You are doing great considering the last year you just went through.

I could not have all that chocolate in my house. You a re much stronger than me

Monica9811
on 2/27/17 6:32 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Lol Pat.  I do all the grocery shopping and feel like a terrible mom buying cookies, chocolate bars, Joe Louis and Carmel cakes!  If they only knew it was for my skinny assed 54 year old boyfriend!  He doesn't eat chips but he loves his chocolate.  Now it's just another thing in the house. If I crave I ask for a bite. It's always there so not a treat anymore. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/17 6:41 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Congrats on 4 years and maintaining well.  To many more years.

Ginnny
on 2/28/17 3:59 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Great work Monica!  I'm so lucky to have connected with you at the start of my journey (well sort of LOL)!  You've done awesome and have kept me sane for the most part throughout my 10 months so far.  Looking forward to many years of friendship with you!

As long as you just fatten Bernie up a little and you stay the course yourself!  You've adopted the new lifestyle quite well!  When we're together you remind me to share! We don't need that much food anymore.  Fat Girl Brain still tries to rule sometimes!

Take care, and hopefully we can hook up again soon!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

birdiegirl
on 2/28/17 4:01 am

Big Congrats Monica

skinny_gigi
on 2/28/17 5:49 pm

Congrats Monica! and thanks for sticking around and offering your advice to newbies!! it's so helpful!

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

Most Active
Recent Topics