I got a new surgery date!!!

100Buttons
on 3/16/17 10:36 am
RNY on 03/03/17

Looks like TWH had mercy on me and I am now scheduled for May 30th! This makes it 15 months from referral and 11.5 months from orientation. I am thrilled! This seems fair and a little bit closer to the norm on the board! 75 days and counting :-). Thank you for everyone who consoled me in my misery. I am finally getting excited!

fromfattohealthy
on 3/16/17 11:45 am - Canada

When was your original surgery date?

Was their cir****tances that were affecting the date of your surgery?

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

100Buttons
on 3/16/17 12:14 pm
RNY on 03/03/17

July 4th. Yes, mainly I would have less than 2 weeks recovery as i have committed to be back into the office to cover vacation. It also landed right in the middle of what would be the only time my husband and I can have time off together this summer which sucks. But mostly I would have lived with the timing of that was pretty standard, but I clearly expressed my frustrations that people who finished all approvals long after me were having surgeries months before me. There does not seem to be any fairness in this process and that is upsetting.

fromfattohealthy
on 3/16/17 5:51 pm - Canada

I am so confused at how surgery dates are determined (especially for people going to the same hospital).

I have seen people get dates within weeks of meeting the surgeon and some within months. Lucky for me I can take time off at the last minute and I am willing to do that, but I don't know if that will help me in getting a date as soon as possible or what that will look like.

100Buttons
on 3/16/17 6:32 pm
RNY on 03/03/17

It's rediculous. Even with this bumped up date I am exactly 6 months from completing everything and going to rounds. That's a long time. I haven't heard of anyone longer than 6 months from rounds, however I have seen people move through the process even longer than my just over 15 months.

The whole process needs to be fixed. It is not fair and frustrating for everyone involved. Unless of course your one of the lucky ones who sail through in 7 months like many seem to.

You seem to be getting through fairly quickly. Hopefully you don't get slammed with 7 plus months wait once you are complete everything like so did. I can cope with 6.

fromfattohealthy
on 3/17/17 8:22 am - Canada

It's very confusing.

were you only ever offered the dates in the summer? It seems so daunting and far away.

Most Active
Recent Topics