Stall

Jo0710
on 4/11/17 4:45 pm

ive been at the same weight for 3 weeks now. I wasn't able to eat almost anything except for soft foods and liquid up until last week. So I'm assuming that because now I'm eating actual food and more calories is that why I'm in a stall and can't get out of it? I've increased protein, water and exercise too the last 2 weeks and nothing. Frustrated that I've lost 4lbs this month after losing so much my first 2 months!!!

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

oneatatime
on 4/11/17 6:20 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Hi Jo,

I am just starting; haven't even gone to orientation yet! I just wanted to say a couple of things. It sounds like you're doing amazing. Your loss is great. I understand your frustration. I would feel the same way as well. Any other time, 4 lbs in a months would be a victory. With the surgery, everything changes I guess.

I am sure others will offer great insight who have been through it. I believe your surgical team would be another great resource. Don't forget to reach out to them if you need them.

Stay strong and stay motivated. This too shall pass. :)

crqvingchange
on 4/11/17 6:59 pm

A 3 month stall is not uncommon (do a search on OH, many have been through this). If you compare your measurements, you will probably see that you are losing inches even if the scale won't budge. Hang tough Jo you are doing great. Your body is readjusting. If you are following your surgeon's plan, the scale should start moving again.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

leeann73
on 4/11/17 7:03 pm

I am 7 weeks out and have had 2, 10 day stalls. It sucks and now I try not to weigh every day. We just have to find other things to focus on. Easier said than done. You will get through this. Keep up the great work

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Linda M.
on 4/12/17 6:09 am - Orillia, Canada

I think that WLS sometimes provide us with unrealistic expectations. Stalls always happen. The difference now is that in between stalls, we lose a great deal of weight. Our bodies take time to get used to a new norm, then drops, then plateaus again while another adjustment occurs. I'm worried about a friend who is exercising so much and wasn't increasing his calories ****il recently) and has dropped 138 lbs in under 8 months. We all lose at a different pace and although I do understand (and can relate to) your frustration, I believe that stressing about it is counter-productive. Leave the scale alone, measure as CravingChange has said and read past posts on the topic. Don't forget how fortunate you are and even if you don't feel it, with each day you are closer to your goal. As our bodies adjust physically to our incremental new norms, so must we mentally and emotionally.

I wish you continued success.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Kathy1212
on 4/12/17 6:58 am

You're doing great! If you've increased your protein and exercise, you could be building muscle, which weighs more than fat. Have you tried taking your measurements?

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics