Time to surgery in Hamilton

Char8420
on 4/17/17 3:50 pm

just wondering how long to surgery in Hamilton? Had orientation class in Feb/17 and seeing dietician May/17. Who is next to see?

Smoka
on 4/17/17 6:21 pm
RNY on 09/12/17

Wow. That's pretty quick. I am having surgery at St. Joe's in Hamilton as well. I had my orientation July 4, 2016 and my dietician is scheduled for July10, 2017. They told me I could wait anywhere from 3 to 9 months for surgery after I meet with the surgeon, which would be after my dietician appointment. I was thinking maybe by Christmas and quite possibly the new year (2018) before I will have my surgery.

SisterWithit
on 4/17/17 10:19 pm - St. Catharines, ON, Canada

Hi Ladies!

Sounds like both of you are well on your way - Yay! :)
Today, I had my WLS referral sent to Hamilton's St. Joseph Hospital (I'm in St. Catharines), so your posts caught my eye.

It's funny but I couldn't help but notice the vast difference in both of your wait times at St. Joe's in Hamilton...Lol...guess I'll just have to put "wait times" on the long (Long!) list of things I have absolutely No control over! :D

"If you don't learn to identify your feelings, flesh out your underlying needs, and develop healthy strategies to meet those needs, you may reflexively resort back to meeting your needs through addictive or compulsive behaviors."

mybabysierra
on 4/18/17 9:34 am

HI, I'm going to St Josephs hospital too, my referral was July 12th 2016, had my orientation August 22nd 2016, pre nutrition March 10th 2017, nurse March 15th 2017, bloodwork ,ECG the next day, ultrasound March 20th, social worker April 12th, internist April18th (today) haven't been yet. and dietitian May 3rd, I also have to go for an upper GI but don't know the date yet, I was also told they I might have two dietitian appts. The social worker told me after you see the surgeon that it will take two months before having surgery.

Celly017
on 4/18/17 11:38 am
RNY on 01/18/17

I went through St.Joes and had my surgery in January. Had my orientation in September of 2015 they told us it was about a 9 month wait until we would get our appointments. July 2016 I met with the nurse and she booked my psych, nutrition and internist these were all within 2 months and then my scope was in November, once that came back they booked my surgeon in December and I was given my January surgery date. It's usually a long wait from orientation but once you start getting your appointments the time will fly by!

Char8420
on 4/18/17 2:12 pm

thanks for the info. I will see what the next step is when I go on May 5 to see the nutrition or dietician

Jules2177
on 4/20/17 2:51 pm

Hi all,

I am also going to St Joes Hamilton. I had referral end of August. Then my orientation in December. The nutrition class was on March 31, on that day they had prescheduled me for an appointment with the nurse for the following week. When I met with the nurse she determined what other appointments/tests I needed and I booked them at that time - ultrasound (next week) ecg (done same day) bloodwork, internist (may) social work (may) gastroscopy (last week) and dietitian (end of June, as they are booked solid). My understanding is that if all goes well with these steps I would then be booked to see the surgeon. Surgery dates could be luck of the draw, anywhere from a month to several months, my nusre was not committing to anything! Julie

Char8420
on 5/13/17 7:33 pm

Yes, saw nurse and only need ecg-since have had other tests. Surprised how long to get into dietician! August seems so far away but will come soon enough I think. What is social work appt like?

Most Active
Recent Topics