Where are you losing Weight from and how do you feel about it?

Simplyb
on 5/6/17 6:08 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

So where does everyone lose weight from first and is any of it causing you discomfort?

I have noticed that I have lost weight from my face, my boobs, my back and my backside.

Face - yes there are cheek bones there and the chin is becoming more defined I just need to work on the turkey waddle. But really, where did those wrinkles and bags come from?

Bust line - I am lamenting my boobs shrinking because that means sagging will be more noticeable. I would have preferred they stayed. On a positive note, I think I am ready to remove my bra extenders which is a private victory.

Butt - My butt is smaller, victory. But since surgery and the hospital stay I feel like I need to sit on a cushion. It is a great way to get me up and moving because it is so uncomfortable. No hemmorrhoids or pressure ulcer - just lack of padding from sitting on it too long?

Hands - They suddenly look old, weathered. I have my mom's hands. Help, give me hand cream. My rings no longer cut in, after another 90 odd lbs I will definitely need to size them.

Thighs - the chub rub us receding - just in time for summer - I may wear shorts this summer, make sure you wear your sunglasses! I define the pale English girl, disclaimer my profile picture is late August last year - so mildly burnt/tanned.

Feet - yes feet, my sneakers fit better. (shout out to those who told me my feet would shrink!)

Who knew that 43 lbs made so much if a difference!

Share your changes, positive and negative.

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

LeslieCL
on 5/7/17 5:27 am

You're doing great!

123HollyD
on 5/7/17 6:00 am
RNY on 05/15/17

I didn't have Opti...so my kids didn't start until after surgery....1 month today and I've lost 25lbs. I don't notice any difference at all. People are saying they notice in my face. My thoughts? Oh great! Just what I needed...weight loss in my face...lol!!

I don't have an overly large face to begin with so it isn't much of a compliment.

I am looking forward to the skinny butt and saggy boobs. (not really looking forward to them sagging but if smaller means saggy...I'll take it...nothing a good bra can't fix!

Enjoying the overall journey! Looking forward for he confidence of strutting around in a bathing suit and looking great!

Congrats on your weight loss so far you are doing amazing!

Orientation:Dec 12/16 Nurse:Jan 5/17 SW:Jan 10/17 Psyhc: Jan 10/17 Nut. Class: Jan 17/17 Nut. 1 on 1:Feb 1/17 Surgeon: Mar.17/17 Surgery Date: Apr. 7/17 - NO OPTI.

HW/SW:260 CW:158

M1:25 M2:11 M3:10 M4:10 M5:10 M6:6 M7:8 M8:5 M9:5 M10:3 M11:3 M12:4

oneatatime
on 5/7/17 6:09 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Hey! 43 is a huge amount of weight. That's just bigger than my dog, and we're always struggling to pick her up. Now the size of my dog is gone from your body!!! Incredible!!!

i can't wait! And I know for me it's going to come from every crevice of my body. Hands, toes, back, butt, boobs, etc. I will probably need a full body lift. G-d willing, I'll be able to afford one. Otherwise I plan on being fast enough to keep running away from my self hatred!!!

Keep loving yourself and your results. Dwell in the positive and look at the possibilities. The negative will only keep you in the past. Good luck!

crqvingchange
on 5/7/17 6:29 am

Love this post.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 5/7/17 12:22 pm

You're doing great! 43 Lbs is a lot of weight. My uncle always tells me what I've lost as compared to potatoes, lol, so he would tell you you've lost 2 twenty Lb bags of potatoes and a loose bag of 3 Lbs of potatoes. That's a lot of potatoes, lol, and a lot less to carry around now.

I'm 13 weeks post op, and noticed I lost first from my face, then from my boobs, and then my belly, waist, and thighs.

So far I'm down (as of today) 75.2 Lbs, and have lost 10 inches from my waist, 9 inches from my belly, 9 inches from my hips, 8 inches from my chest, 7 inches from each thigh, 2.5 inches from each upper arm, 2 inches from each calf, and only 0.5 inches from each ankle.

In sizes, I went from a 4X top to a 1X top (and one lovely size XL top fits perfectly; woohoo!). In pants I went from a size 24 to an 18; in leggings, from a 4X to a 1X.

My BMI went from 52.32 to 39.62

I slather my body with firming body lotion almost every night and exercise at least 5 X's a week, and so far, thank God, no loose skin, but I expect it is coming, especially on my upper arms, belly, and inner thighs. I did notice some crepe-y skin starting to develop on my neck so probably there, as well. My chest...well, thank God for push up bras, lol.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Simplyb
on 5/7/17 4:08 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

Wow, those are fantastic losses!

You have lost the equivalent of my step-son (I wish I could lose him literally)!

What kind of firming cream do you use, it sounds like a good investment to be down that many inches and not feeling baggy. Please share!

Keep up the good work.

Kathy1212
on 5/7/17 6:41 pm

Thanks! I just use Palmer's Firming Butter. It's a cocoa butter that smells like chocolate, with Q10. It's very inexpensive, at Walmart. I also tried Nivea firming butter but didn't like the smell so went back to Palmer's.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Jo0710
on 5/8/17 9:28 am

From last summer when I started with my nurses appointment I've lost 95.1lbs. Since I started opti I was still a 2xl in everything and 3xl in bottoms. My legs have ALWAYS been big. I was a swimmer and my legs seemed to have the most muscle which turned into fat.

I am now fitting into a size L (sometimes XL because of my boobs), but a size 12-14 in shirts. Then my waist is now a size 14 but 16 in legs (Grrr but getting there!!). Pants were size 24-26 prior.

Weight loss was first my face, stomach, boobs and now my butt. I don't see much of a difference in my legs but my hubby said otherwise. I wore a pair of jeans that were tight on my butt last month but my hubby said they looked too saggy and droopy on the weekend and that I needed new jeans.

I am going through clothes like crazy. Thankfully I have kept a bunch of clothes from when I was smaller before. Funny thing is - my upper body (except my boobs) is the same size as I was when I got married, which is still 44lbs away from where I am now. Darn legs!!!

I am noticing some loose skin on my belly and the boobs are hanging lower than I would like. I told my husband that we needed to start saving for a tummy tuck and boob job. lol My arms are saggy too :(

Best thing I ever did (besides my wedding and kids) even though I had issues eating at first.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Simplyb
on 5/9/17 12:29 am
RNY on 04/12/17

Just what we need to hear from our hubby's- 1) you look saggy and droopy and 2) you need to shop.

who would have thought that would sound so good?

you must be ecstatic with those losses!

congratulations and keep up the good work!

Most Active
Recent Topics