Suggestions for Full Fluids stage

fromfattohealthy
on 5/22/17 6:08 am - Canada

Happy Monday :)

I am really struggling to get in everything during this stage. I am 6 days post-op today and really have no interest in food and I almost have a satisfied or full feeling.

Is there any Greek Yogurt Suggestions?

Is the focus on protein in this stage or just staying hydrated? I feel like I am hardly getting in ANY protein!

On that note, I stepped on the scale and noticed I am losing 1lbs a day! Since starting Opti-fast I have lost 14.5lbs.

5'0 - SW - 240LBS | Lap Band - August 2015| Revision Band to RNY Surgery - May 16, 2017| Opti-fast - 9lbs | G.W - 150LBS | CW - 165LBS |

Meggles07
on 5/22/17 6:29 am - Canada

Great job on the losses so far!!

Every clinic has different directions, but I would say you need to focus on staying hydrated first and protein second at that stage. I went through Guelph and we did a week of clear fluids and then three of full fluids. I didn't start pushing for more protein until after that. Just getting in your fluid is a full time job :)

Again, I don't remember which clinic you are with but don't ever be afraid of calling them if you have a pressing question!! I called mine like once a week for the first while.

In terms of Greek yogurt, I like getting the plain and then adding to it myself. There is also the source Greek yogurt that isn't bad. Now that I'm further out I also eat some that I pick up in the states. For the plain you can add a bit of Splenda or sugar free torani. Once I could add fruit I would put a little mashed banana in it.

Meg~

Mahalo F.
on 5/24/17 6:40 am, edited 5/23/17 11:41 pm

Congratulations on your success so far...

Every weight management program is different.

My focus early on was liquid protein, water and vitamins

They are a full time job...

I used the Costco Premiere Protein Shakes 30 grams of protein.... They are easy and ready to go!

Yogurts??? I love the Danone Lean & Fit 12 grams of protein and 80 calories. Only available in the USA. The Walmart in Ogdenburg (40) minutes drive from Ottawa.

Here in Ottawa- Loblaw's/Independant. President's Choice Greek- 80 calories and 9 grams of fat. Available in lemon, & assorted fruit...

Good luck

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Tuktu
on 5/25/17 8:56 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Loblaws also has a PC Skyr Icelandic Style Yogurt - similar to Greek yogurt - very high in protein and nice and creamy. I felt the same way at the beginning - I didn't have much appetite or interest in food at all but I kept up with the protein shakes just to meet my protein needs.

I made a vanilla whey protein shake with 1/2 mashed banana, small scoop of peanut butter and skim milk. Tasted great.

Congrats on your losses and stick with it!

Most Active
Recent Topics