I met surgeon today at HRRH. He was awesome. His receptionist was a cow.

Lucile777
on 6/23/17 10:29 am

Dr. Starr was awesome, caring, and warm. The receptionist with long hair and a nose ring was such a cold cow. She didn't like any questions, hated repeating herself, and did not acknowledge any thank yous. I just avoided her and went to the lady beside her named karjeeta. Karjeeta was awesome. She was so warm and nice unlike the other one. She was talking about how she shouldn't have a bagel becuse her workout from yesterday would be a waste. Then she looks at me and smiles. Really?

my next round of appts are at the end of August. Here we go ?

Loril1963
on 6/23/17 2:32 pm
RNY on 10/28/16

I had my surgery there, and Dr. Starr was my surgeon to. He is awesome/fantastic. Great personality and is patient. The receptionists at HRRH can be rude

oneatatime
on 6/23/17 9:55 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Hi Lucille,

Great you liked Dr Starr. I remember seeing a few posts by you, so I can only imagine it was top of mind. Glad it went well. August will be here for your next round of appointments before you know it!

As an aside, something I am passionate about so I feel compelled to mention it. I think as people who are in a journey to lose weight, many of us, me, who have struggled our whole lives... one thing I am really sensitive to is any intimation of fat shaming, aka words like "cow". Don't get me wrong, I don't think you meant anything by it... I just wouldn't be honouring my truth if I didn't spread my message of trying to change people's language that doesn't weight-shame.

My username is actually a self-reminder of the prevalence of fat shaming. If you have seen Homeland, in season 4, Quinn gets into a bar fight to "defend the honour" of the girl he's with. One the surface, it seems well intended, but I remember it irked me for days, and when I finally figured out what it was that bothered me, it was because they could have done any theme... not just "pick on the fat girl". They never "closed" it.

https://youtu.be/yKKNpAhvHGc

Anyway, thank you. :)

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Lucile777
on 6/24/17 7:04 am

Hey oneatatime, that did cross my mind because my whole life I was called a cow. However I decided to use that word over b&&&h because that's what I really wanted to say. It's the British term for female dog. My opinion and experience. Unfortunately, because of all the things we've been through there are a plethora of things that will will trigger or remind of us of the shame, anger, embarrassment, and sadness that we are going through or have been through.

Lucile777
on 6/24/17 7:06 am

P.s. I don't know how to go back and change the words of my post title. Do you know how?

Most Active
Recent Topics