Planning and mood

leeann73
on 9/4/17 8:37 am

I love this tool. As you might of guessed from my hubby rant I was in a horrible mood yesterday. I have been on vacation this past 10 days and had not been planning my food. Well, last night I made a plan for the entire week. This morning I did food prep for the week and made some yummy receipts and I feel so motivated and in control. I love that I don't have to run to an expensive fad diet club anymore. I just have to plan protein forward with real food and the rest takes care of itself. Just wanted to share.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

SweetRide1
on 9/4/17 12:16 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

I have to plan and do prep work. It's the only way I can keep on track.

It's been a busy social time for me this weekend and it's actually made me kind of anxious. What will be available for me to eat etc., etc?

I feel out of control and it really causes me anxiety.

Yesterday was a big BBQ and I figured I would just bring my own stuff. I offered to bring a veggie tray and made sure I had low cal/fat dips. I brought my own veggie burger, light cheese slice and a "thin" bun. I felt so much better being able to plan that meal and know that I could enjoy the Bbq and not stress.

Planning is key to staying on track IMHO.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Smoka
on 9/4/17 7:25 pm
RNY on 09/12/17

Sounds great all your planning Leeann. Good for you for taking the steps you need to continue to take care of yourself. Don't let anyone steer you off course. If you need help and/or support let us know and hopefully some of us can help. I am not feeling so great emotionally today either (relationships are hard and I often feel misunderstood). So, if some of us are not feeling like we can contribute to helping, I am beginning to see that there is a lot of support here and one of us can surely help. ...take care.

Barb

Referred May 2016, Orientation July 4, 2016, Pre-Nutrition Class March 31, 2017, Nurse April 10, 2017, Blood work/ECG April 13, 2017, Ultra-sound April 27, 2017, Psychologist May 30, 2017, Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy June 5, 2017, Internist June 13, 2017, Dietician June 14, 2017, 2nd Round of blood work August 2, 2017, Surgeon September 6, 2017, Surgery September 12, 2017 - St. Joe's Hamilton - No Opti

Height 5"4" HW 231 SW222 CW141

PreOp-9 lbs M1-20lbs M2-11lbs M3-13lbs M4-7lbs M5-8lbs M6-7lbs M7-5lbs M8-5lbs M9-2lbs M10-0lbs M11 - 0lbs M12 - 0lbs

Tuktu
on 9/5/17 7:28 am
RNY on 03/07/17

You inspired me to get my meal prep back in action. I was housesitting for a friend this weekend and got off track so I need to get back in the driver's seat and not leave my food choices to the last minute. I end up eating stuff I shouldn't eat. Thanks for the reminder.

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/17 8:30 am, edited 9/5/17 1:30 am

I read somewhere- and found this to be soo true- half the battle of losing weight is meal prep and planning!

Linda M.
on 9/5/17 12:05 pm - Orillia, Canada

I agree and this is an area that I also struggle with. As I have a small fridge at work, all I need is to shop for lunches and bring the groceries with me. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't and as I work alone, if I don't plan, I don't eat. I'm making chili tonight and will label the smaller containers so my sons don't eat them - but portion from the large one I always make for them. A container of 1% cottage cheese works in the fridge, or half a package of sliced turkey or chicken that I MUST portion out to no more than three slices. The Armstrong cheese sticks are often on sale, and my go to snack at night is either fresh or frozen berries with half a cup of Skyr yogurt. Dinner is protein with some veggies and breakfast, during the week, is always a protein shake and an egg on the weekends.

The KISS rule keeps it simple for me, controls my portions, and although often repetitive, I haven't minded it yet and it is working for me.

As I have been told, it will only get harder from here and I think the food prep and shopping will always be key to success. Encouragement and motivation from others helps us to this.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/17 12:24 pm, edited 9/5/17 5:24 am

I found that BPA FREE 1 cup storage containers go a long way to help portion control. I was watching this diet guru on TV selling these portion containers ---- so I thought hey I will get 1 cup ones and fill them 1/2, 3/4 or full and there are my portions, then I freeze or eat the next days. I also bought 1 cup Pyrex to microwave- I do not use plastic.

Simplyb
on 9/6/17 1:01 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

Me too, love these containers but get easily bored of the same foods. So much so that meal prep though necessary has become burdensome and I miss the Opti days. I supplement at least 1 protein shake a day and at least one protein water and tend to make the rest of my day about small snacks in the form of yogurt, smooth cottage cheese, ostrim meat sticks and refried beans/ricotta and beans or tuna in order to build some variety when working.

When I am home, I am always looking for fresh ideas that are easy to make and don't get too dry or boring as I end up eating the same thing for a few days related to our small portions and high protein needs.

What are you prepping in terms of meals, are you able to share any inspiration?

i have puchased a few cookbooks but find the portions are huge or recipes more complicated than they are worth considering the small amount we eat and the final protein tallies small.

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics