Tinzaparin

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/17 5:08 am

yea i was given those aswell..4 left to go..they hurt on my right side but not so much on my left..not sure why.

bruising yes..if u massage the area I'm told.

Jo0710
on 9/7/17 2:49 pm

I was at St. Mikes and only had them while in the hospital in my arm. I groaned everytime she came around with them. They hurt and caused bruising that didn't go away for quite a while.

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

TeresaG1962
on 9/7/17 4:23 pm
RNY on 02/22/17

I was at humber and got the impression that everyone there was expected to give themselves the injections for a week post op. I had hoped I'd be able to do it, but when push came to shove the thought of injecting myself made me extremely anxious. So I asked the nurse what plan B was & I was told there wasn't any. I kept insisting, staff pushed back. I asked to see Dr. Glaser (wanted to explore why I couldn't take an oral blood thinner) & was told he only prescribes injections. when I didn't budge from my position that I was too anxious to give myself injections they arranged for me to go to a community clinic to have a nurse give me the injections. The first few days were a little hard since I couldn't drive myself, but much better than injecting myself.

Manda32
on 9/7/17 10:40 pm

It depends on your medical conditions. I had to do three weeks of post op injections.

If you don't have anything affecting the thickness of your blood, your unlikely to have to do it post op. Just us lucky ones lol

Good luck to you!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Most Active
Recent Topics