what a ride

terrylynnishere
on 9/19/17 10:28 am

hello everyone,

today is day 4 post-op and I am still pretty uncomfortable. Gas is rumbling and moving all over inside of me. I have been walking sipping and tooting quite a bit but my incision are burning and my tummy is upset most of the time. I managed to get all my vitamins and all protein and water in yesterday. Still sipping away today but feel confident that I'm drinking enough fluids. Worst thing about the entire experience was realizing I am allergic to morphine. Not the thing you want to find out after having major surgery. The itching was unbearable. I am happy to be in the comfort of my own home, although I am on my own to recover from this point. I am staying positive and looking towards better days to come.

Hopefully soon

Vertical sleeve, Sept 15

Sourieverte
on 9/19/17 10:34 am

I'm 4 weeks post op and had the same reaction with morphine. Itching arms and face also very hot.

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/17 10:48 am, edited 9/19/17 3:51 am

I am glad you are home! The burning of your incisions? Be careful mine were infected after the gallbladder surgery. I had to wash with salted water and then she gave me an antibiotic cream so be careful if it really is red and hot call the doctor go to your local doctor trust me on this one I waited too long and it was not good. It happened twice to me with two of my surgeries.

oneatatime
on 9/19/17 12:58 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Omg... morphine reaction. Yikes. And like Jobear said, best you get your incisions checked. "Burning" is not a good way to describe them.

I was on my own at day 4 post op as well. I liked the peace and quiet. I had people checking in on me, so I had help around; but I was up and mobile and it was nice to have some independence and relax. Just make sure you get the support you need and if you are unwell, get help.

Take good care of you please!!!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

leeann73
on 9/19/17 5:38 pm

I enjoyed being home alone post op and wish I had more of that. "Burning" is not normal. Call your clinic. Good luck to you.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Kathy1212
on 9/20/17 8:21 am

I'm sorry you're having a rough go of it. Give your surgeon a call and let him know about the burning sensation.

Good luck.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics