Meet the surgeon ottawa

jeanniechelsea
on 9/25/17 6:48 pm

Hi guys I have my meet the surgeon (Dr. K) in just over a week. I for some reason have big anxiety of having my bp done. Can anyone tell me exactly what the appointment is like when meeting the surgeon in Ottawa.

Thanks

Orientation: May 5. Consult with Dr: May 27. Dietician: June 2, 16, July 7. Physical: June 23. Meet with trainer: July 7. Sleep test: July 7. Nutrition class: July 26. Referral to surgeon: Sept 14. Meet the surgeon: Oct 3. Optifast: Oct 3 Surgery date: Oct 20 2017

HW:360 SW:350 CW:200 GW:180 (met original goal of 200!)

Lina_Ann
on 9/25/17 10:35 pm

Are you going through BMI or Ottawa Hospital? Your timeline looks like it's from BMI. I am a couple months behind you! All I need to do is my sleep study.

Ive heard it's basically the surgeon looking over medications you take, confirming that you are 100% ready for the change, and whether you'll have rny or sleeve. I would recommend getting your money ready to buy optifast that day.

Referral: June 2017
RNY with Dr. Neville in Ottawa: January 8th, 2018

Wayne H.
on 9/26/17 1:39 am
RNY on 02/08/17

I agree with Lina_Ann,

It's pretty much just a meet and greet, go over your file, Dr will ask a few questions, explain a few things and then you will have the opportunity to ask your own questions.

Once done, you will likely get your prescription for the Opti-Fast. I picked mine up right away so as not to have to make a return trip once my Surgery was booked.

Most Active
Recent Topics