Stall still on - 8 weeks and counting....

Simplyb
on 10/9/17 7:24 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

So, I have asked before and will ask again.

Why, I should be dropping like crazy. My calories are approx 700 daily, 80 G protein minimum, over 15,000 steps daily.

Freaking, have I maxed out already?

I have reviewed the following:

11 Tips to Overcome a Weight Loss Stall

1: Exercise! And if you do the same exercise all the time, try something different that uses different muscle groups. Are you a speed walker? Then try swimming.

I am adding weights to my routine, no I do not have new muscle.

2: Weight yourself less often.

I did not weigh myself for a whole month!

3: Keep food journaling to ensure there are no negative nutrition issues creeping in.

Bariatastic is my best friend, reminders for everything: water, vitamins, protein drink.

4: Increase the intensity of your exercise to boost metabolism, tighten up that loose skin and make your clothing feel even looser.

I assume this means faster on the treadmill, done.

5: Concentrate on eating protein to help keep muscle. Sometimes adding a protein shake meal replacement every day can help.

I still rarely have more than protein shakes or water.

6: Stay well hydrated and drink 64 ounces every dayâ?'no matter what.

My water is about 48 oz, and 2 large teas with milk.

7: Commit to eight hours of good sleep per night.

Maybe 7, sometimes more.

8: Talk about your weight loss stall with healthcare professionals and people in your life you trust.

The nut started this stall by insisting I eat real food, not just protein drinks (in my humble opinion, they were wrong to insist I start eating real food,it was working until then).

9: Get your mind off the plateau--get out and attend a concert or sporting event; stroll through the mall, see a couple of movies, visit the library or a bookstore.

pretty hard to do, 8 weeks in.

10: Remind yourself you haven't done anything wrong and this is the body's way of regulating itself to fuel a lighter and leaner version of you.

keep in mind we are our own worst critic, the head chatter is going frantic - 8 weeks now!

11: Reach out for extra support.

reaching, there has to be someone here that stalled at 3 months and survived...

help, fed up, the head chatter is driving me crazy

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

Wayne H.
on 10/9/17 7:28 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

Patience. We all stall. Nurse explained to me it's not a bad thing...Calories In vs Calories out are balanced and thus no Weight Movement.

I was stalled for almost 2 months (month 6 and 7 post op). Finally just recorded a 12Lbs loss for Month 8.

Like I said, Patience. Enjoy the small NSV's I'm sure you still experience.

Cheers

Wayne

Simplyb
on 10/9/17 7:43 pm
RNY on 04/12/17

With 30% malabsorption and only 700 calories in that is not balanced nutrition in and out.

It is more out than in, even a sedentary person will burn 1600 - 2000 cals a day.

I would like to focus on NSV, but as stated I am freaking.

Wayne H.
on 10/10/17 3:46 am
RNY on 02/08/17

Reference to Calories in/out was my experience. Point is, don't freak over the stall.

If you stick to your plan, the Lbs will start to come off again.

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/17 8:02 pm

Ok I read this - untried by me but in a post I read people ate more.. like 200 calories.. dunno but that's what many people wrote on the US side!

Monica9811
on 10/10/17 4:48 am - Peterborough, Canada

Up your calories a couple of days a week. Switch things up. Add some carbs. That will get the scale moving again. Good luck!

oneatatime
on 10/10/17 4:52 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Hi Simblyb,

I read your post with interest. I get it: we're all here for the same reason, dramatic weight loss. The last time you posted, you were in this stall. You came here, panicked. Now, again.

Stalls happen. The very definition of a stall is that they last many weeks. This is not unusual. The only way for you to stop losing at this point is to go off plan.

I'd be careful with your eating though. I know from my centre the goal is always to get back to real, whole foods as soon as possible. Your desire to blame your nutritionist for this stall, and real food, is a dangerous mind game as it will make it harder for you to return to healthy, normal food quickly. "The nut started this stall by insisting I eat real food, not just protein drinks (in my humble opinion, they were wrong to insist I start eating real food,it was working until then)."

Good luck.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Simplyb
on 10/10/17 6:36 am
RNY on 04/12/17

The last time I posted I was looking for the same, True.

In fact, I rarely post anymore but have stayed on the periphery, liking posts, reading, learning, trying to take the little successes as inspiration.

I am not coming here to panic, I have remained here, and facing the same numbers on the scale after 2 months I am looking for some hope.

Can you provide any?

oneatatime
on 10/10/17 7:13 am
RNY on 09/01/17

The reason I used the word panicked is your two sentences:

"Freaking, have I maxed out already?"

"help, fed up, the head chatter is driving me crazy"

The hope I can provide is this: stay the course! You will get out of the stall. You have had incredible loss so far. You're doing great.

Be the person who sees positives in life. I call it "focus-positive". Until you are in maintenance, you are not in maintenance. So stay the course with your weight loss plan while your body takes the break it needs.

When I started my own business, i remember being giventhe best advice ever. I was told the only people who fail in their businesses are the ones who quit.

Yes, it's hard. So is weight loss. The only people who fail with weight loss surgery are the ones who go back to their old ways of eating. It WILL come off.

Hang in there. You didn't go through all this hard work to give up now.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

birdiegirl
on 10/10/17 5:23 am

Hopefully you took your measurements at the beginning of each month. You are likely shrinking. Do your clothes feel better?

Also, please don't eat more. Stay the course.

Most Active
Recent Topics