Surgery Scheduling (Ottawa area)

TBeat
on 10/17/17 10:38 am

I was referred to my family dr Sept 19. Have no heard anything back yet but i know it can take a while so i am "trying" to be patient. lol. My question is how much say do you have of when your surgery happens. For instance if you vacation planned or other commitments. II am planning a vacation for 2 weeks hopefully in July. Also i work in retail and basically can't take more than my 2 days off per week from Oct onward until January. So like say next september rolls around and they are like let's think about surgery in November can I say that i can't do that. I'm assuming it's at least a few weeks of work and the. light duties after that?

Mahalo F.
on 10/17/17 10:55 am, edited 10/17/17 8:14 am

Hi I had ankle surgery last November and got a call to book my RNY 2 weeks after my ankle surgery. I did not want to have (2) major surgeries back to back and they allowed me to choose a date. I chose January 4th. I would suggest booking your vacation and booking your surgery date for when you are back.

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

RosieBelly
on 10/19/17 6:18 am

At the Ottawa Hospital I believe you can refuse or postpone three times. Once you are in the system you will see how accommodating they are and you will see that there is nothing to worry about. When you sit down with the nurse practitioner explain your situation and they can explain your options. Post surgery you should count of being off for four weeks.

Most Active
Recent Topics