Low-carb baking

Kaylar
on 11/25/17 9:23 pm - Toronto, On

Does anyone have any good low-carb, high protein recipes they'd like to share?

I've been looking into flour alternatives, and it looks like almond flour has too much fat (or do people find they tolerate it well??), but coconut flour seems like an option?

Does anyone use protein powder when they bake?

I'm especially trying to find a recipe for biscuits and/or cookies that I can use for christmas.

Hope you're all doing well!

Kayla

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/17 10:14 pm

Big Mans World .. amazing healthy high protein recipes low carb

SweetPeaVeronica
on 11/26/17 4:56 am

I use both almond flour and coconut flour. There is a recipe on the back of the almond flour package that I make. No problems at all. If I could find the recipe I will share it.

Referred February 6, 2016 ~ Orientation May 3, 2016 ~ Surgeon (Dr. Klein) Apt September 1, 2016 ~ Internist (Dr. Glazer) Apt September 27, 2016 ~ Nut/Diet/Social Apt December 13, 2016 ~ Surgeon (Dr. Klein) Apt January 11, 2017 ~ Start of Opti January 18, 2017 ~ Surgery Date February 8, 2017 @ HRRH Lost 137.4 to date

birdiegirl
on 11/26/17 1:55 pm

Just a note of caution. Think about giving up pseudo baked goods until you reach goal. Adding protein powder to cookies etc does not make it good food choices for those in the losing phase.

Learning how to bake low cal etc is great once you have achieved your goals. I've seen too many derailed trying to find foods that mimic their former food preferences instead of changing their life.

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/17 1:57 pm

I have kept off a great deal of weight for 4 years so...the one thing I have learned "ain't nothing like the real thing baby!" A little of real is better than a great deal of fake...lol..

Kathy1212
on 11/27/17 8:13 am

Now I have that Donny and Marie song in my head, lol. I used to love them, so thanks for the memory.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/17 1:55 pm

For those of you who want whole grains...Bob's Low Carb Wholegrain mix makes awesome biscuits and subs for any flour as well :)

Most Active
Recent Topics